• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questions for the Coffee guys

HapaLee

I've been really getting into good coffee lately. I have much more than I would drink in the next month, so I have some questions about storage. I keep all beans in airtight foodsaver bags in a dark closet.
How long should I keep it there before I want to put it in the freezer for long term storage? Once I take them out, is it a good idea to re-roast the beans? What is the best way to do that? Thanks for any and all input!

i heard not to freeze beans. however if it is air tight, it might be different. I store mine in an air tight container and keep in the dark cabinet.

ree

Just shoot mr jerry a PM.

Ree

Do not freeze the beans and do not re-roast the beans. Vaccum sealed beans will keep for awhile. But I think the best solution is to start drinking more java :rolleyes:

Yeah, where's Jerry...

I used to always store my beans in the freezer until Jerry blew a gasket. Now I store them as he's instructed - in an airtight container away from direct light. Jerry says the beans should be consumed as quickly as possible, but I have no idea what the shelf life is...

Jerry's stuff is so good, I cannot store anything over a month anyways... :laugh:

I did find this site - which seems pretty reasonable...

"About" coffee

I was working on a project/presentation last semester that concerned coffee, so ofcourse I went to Jerry for my questions. As I recall, Jerry told me coffee is good upto 4 weeks after the date it is brewed. I'm not sure on any storing method that will extend this period by much. Here is a websites Jerry gave me, this should be very helpful to all you coffee junkies. thecoffeefaq

Nick

The links and advice here are all good info. Some other things to consider.
Make sure your coffee maker brews at 200 deg. +/- 5deg.
A good burr grinder will make a world of difference.
Try different methods of brewing.Moka pot,press pot,vacuum brewers, Espresso machines etc.
If you decide to roast your own it's too easy and you can have a different
gourmet bean roasted to your own taste every day if you want. ;)

I consumed 1 lbs of Mr. Jerry's Killer Beans, fresh ground with my burr grinder, and the only issue I had to deal with was making them LAST two weeks. :p