• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Questions on Auctions...

emodx

Banned
Heard that there are auctions on eBay but have not been able to find any in the US site or the UK site....what gives? ???

My understanding was that eBay prohibits the sale of any tobacco products. At least this used to be the case, but there seems to be a German vendor selling Cuban Cohibas quite often. No idea who it is or if they are genuine.

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com
Toll free: 877 883-CIGAR (2442)

No tobacco on eBay, but try Yahoo auctions if ou are looking for something, though be very careful, a lot of con-men out there.

emodx
Have you ever been to cigarbid.com.  Have used them several times and have had pretty good success.  Ya can't get ISOM  :(  but their selection of cigars are not bad.

I second that praise about cigarbid - half of my collection is probably from there.
eBay does allow cigar accessories (humidors, cutters, etc) on their site, but NO actual tobacco products. If you're looking for something in particular, check out the trading board HERE. Someone may have exactly what you're looking for. Who knows, it may be ME! :D

Dave :cool:

Weren't you guys going to put "CP" somewhere on your account on cigarbid, so that you don't bid against each other? Someone said that awhile ago. :D

I have been tempted several times to use CigarBid but have refrained because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stop! :D

Shadow I know what you mean. My inventory skyrocketed in the first couple of weeks after finding cigarbid.com  ??? Five packs of cigars I never tried and some of my favorites were so easy to bid on.  First one tupperdor then two aaaaagh  :0  The prices are so tempting  ???  :D  Sometime I just can't help myself........... :0 :0 ;)

As long as you are sure you know what you're bidding on and what this item would cost you through regular channels (online or your local smoke shop) then bid away.

I caution you to be aware that quite often the price being bidded is more then what you can secure the smokes else where. ???

I just picked up a Wenger Cigar cutter for $20. on Cgarbid. I love those cutters. Not sure why I bought it as the one I have just keeps cutting and cutting and cutting and....... not sure if they ever dull. :D

Aaah the tools of the trade.  So Kenny how many cutters and lighters (another favorite) do you have  :D  I have misplaced soo many over the years  ???  and not one ever that I know of was dull  :0
Your right on when it comes to cigar auctions, you have to know your prices and don't forget those hidden cost like shipping and handling  :0  :0  that has to be factored in to your bottom line  :D

I must say that DaveWF turned me on to CigarBid and I wish he had not :) This week I plan on bidding on a new humidor just to fit all of the new additions!

On cutters, I picked up a nice Xikar cutter on there and I am quite pleased with it so far.

I have to go check my bids :)

Sorry Mod, I don't know what I was thinking! Save your money on the humidor. Get yourself a cooler! I have my one original humidor for "show", and everything else I buy gets tossed into one or my two coolerdors. Saves LOTS of money that way!

Dave