• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

questions

Hi, welcome from Texas!  It doesn't seem like you've made it over to the introduction thread yet.  You might want to do that before asking random questions and get slammed for it.

MoeCizlak said:
What's your other question?
Actually, Clint if you look closely there are two questions in the one questions.

Hmm.  I'm going to need an official ruling because I'm not quite sure.  Doc, what say the Sisters of Perpetual Misery?

No, but the Cuban cigars have marijuana in them. That is why they are illegal in the USA.

Welcome newbie!

chiefmd said:
Hi, welcome from Texas!  It doesn't seem like you've made it over to the introduction thread yet.  You might want to do that before asking random questions and get slammed for it.
Yeah, most online forums have members that try to be friendly and helpful. This one is a cigar forum though so some people may be a bit better than you in their mind so you'd better go register because then they'll know you're just as good as them and not be mean at all. (yeah, right)

Ahhhh, the cigar forum mercenary....saving new members one incoherent sentence at a time.

Matt Rushmore said:

Yeah, most online forums have members that try to be friendly and helpful. This one is a cigar forum though so some people may be a bit better than you in their mind so you'd better go register because then they'll know you're just as good as them and not be mean at all. (yeah, right)

I think you're missing the point there Matt.

Having new members go to the "introduce yourself" thread isn't about taking an opportunity to "measure" anything, be it expertise or who's better.  Requiring members to go introduce themselves prior to asking questions and tossing out comments is very simply a matter of respect to the community. 

Just like you wouldn't walk into a bar, over hear a conversation in a group, and chime in your two cents.  The respectable thing to do is to introduce yourself, shake a few hands, maybe touch on your background of the subject and then say what you please.  It's very simply a matter of respect, and nothing else at all.  I assure you if you hang around and experience the community you will see that no one cares at all about how much they know, or what they have.  Members brand new to cigars are every bit as welcome as veterans.

Lastly, the rules of the forum are embedded within that new member thread.  So having them go introduce themselves also shows them the way to reading the "do's and don'ts" of the forum.

I'm not sure if your response had ill intent or not, as I'll admit it can be touch to discern tone in text.  But it seemed very cynical to me.  Maybe I'm off, but regardless I think this response lays out the reason for introducing yourself before posting.

In short....the introduction thread is a form of shaking hands.  Which is the right thing to do before jumping into a community.