• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quick little conversion.

prophetic_joe

Did this tonight. Monte White number 2 box into a desktop humi.

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

just added a little weather stripping, let's see how it hold the humidity.

Diggin' that hygro, where might one find one of those?

It will work good in that box. The only problem w/ that box is that you need to be careful with the lid. Most boxes like that I have seen have had the higes pull out of the bottom part of the box. I had a couple that I was going to do the same thing with a couple of years ago and both of them lost thier lids from just opening them up normally over and over. It is the only box that I have seen this on several times.

Picked it up at wal-mart but I'm actually not sure how good it is. This one seems to work accurately but I have another of the same model that is low about 10percent. I have heard good things about this unit though.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/...;utm_medium=cpc
Can't attest to it's quality myself though. I generally don't worry about it though, I just have Beads.

Hey atuck thanks for the advice. Good thing to keep an eye on.

That was actually one of my first humi's starting out with. I would do the flashlight test for any leaks. I did the same with the weatherstrip and the humidity held pretty damn good. Although the space isn't there, it's a good box. Mine lasted a good 5months until I saw the coolidor post. Not sure what happened to it from then on... :)

Thanks guys. Got the box in Vegas thought it looked cool and the guy let me have it for $5. With the $1.00 for the weather strip it got me a nice little 20 count desktop for only $6 can't really beat that.

Picked it up at wal-mart but I'm actually not sure how good it is. This one seems to work accurately but I have another of the same model that is low about 10percent. I have heard good things about this unit though.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/...;utm_medium=cpc
Can't attest to it's quality myself though. I generally don't worry about it though, I just have Beads.

Hey atuck thanks for the advice. Good thing to keep an eye on.

I have both brands from Wally World and they both SUCK. Temp is always spot on but humidity is awful. The Accurite I have is 7% off and the Springfield is 10% off!!! Just pay the extra 10 bucks and get a good. one. My .02

that looks great! i think im going do the same thing with a spare box just to hold my mini cigars :D they currently take up too much space in my humi.

Basically the same reason I did it. I like to keep my domestics at about 70% humidity but I have others that are a bit better at 65% so I put this together to keep those in. Let me know how your conversion works for you and post some pics as well it would be coolto see what someone else does.