• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quick question...new humi

ChrisJ20

Hey everyone. I'm sorry in advance if this has been discussed, I couldnt find anything directly related to this exact question, but then again, I might just have missed it.

I just got my new humi today (50-100 count) and started seasoning it while the digital hygrometer is calibrating. I put a shot glass of distilled water into the humi, but before I did that, for some reason I decided to charge the humidifier with the activator solution. I know that beads are the way to go, but I made the mistake of buying the solution before I saw the hundreds of threads about how the beads are the way to go. So for the record, I'll be buying beads in the next few months. But my question is relating to the humidifier being charged while trying to season. It says something about how the solution is supposed to keep it around 70%. Will that mess up the seasoning with the shot glass and the humifier in the humidor being charged?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm a newbie and have already learned a ton from this community.

Did you permanently attach your humidifier? You should not have if you did. If you didn't, just take it out while your seasoning the box.

agreed...can't hurt to take it out. :thumbs:

Be sure to stop by our newbie sampler thread to help you get that baby filled up w/ tasty smokes!!

-Aaron

agreed...can't hurt to take it out. :thumbs:

Be sure to stop by our newbie sampler thread to help you get that baby filled up w/ tasty smokes!!

-Aaron

x2 on that. I am still a newb to this "thing" and the newb sampler was awesome, I was hooked up with a great BOTL.

Also with a new humi, take some time to let it season. I seasoned mine for a week and even then I had to keep adding water to my beads for at least a month or so until it leveled out.

The guys here know what they are taking about!