• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quiet Shipping Tape? Anyone?

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
Here's Dumb Question #2 for the day. At least this one is related to cigars! ???

All shipping tape that I have used in my tape gun makes and awful noise. I do most of my packing in the evenings after everyone goes to bed and I am sending out 20 boxes in the morning. People are complaining! This stuff makes way too much noise. The little Scotch Brand tape in my desk dispenser is whisper quiet. Why can't shipping tape be quiet too? Has anyone ever used quiet shipping tape? What is it and where can it be bought!

Thanks.

I like the brown paper packaging tape instead of the thinner plastic stuff. Seems to be the plastic that makes the noise.

Hey Steve, I'm not sure if you have em' in NC but us folks down here in Sunny Central Florida have these things called doors on our rooms. You close em' and it quites the noise down from the rest of the house. Also, you might have one of those older model tape despensers that require a drop or two of general lubricatin' oil....... :D :sign: :p :thumbs: :D

:p

We do have doors. The problem is that I never learned to "keep it in my pants" so all the rooms are full! :sign:

I know what Steve really wants the quiet tape for.......... :0 ;) :sign:

Good tape is noisy, My girlfriend raises hell about it when I start packing up stogies. The fact is that is works better than other tapes so it's worth the noise to me. I know what pkg's go through and tape is a package saver.