• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quinteros

ryan7107

Looking around at prices and I've noticed that Quinteros are very cheap. Anyone know why? Are they machine-made? Bad?

Machine made, from what I've read they are a good smoke for the $. Have a fiver aging right now. :)

ryan7107 said:
Looking around at prices and I've noticed that Quinteros are very cheap. Anyone know why? Are they machine-made? Bad?

Production Notes:

Tripa Corta (Short Filler ) : Machine bundled / Hand Finished
Quintero Brevas 40 x 5 1/2 "
Quintero Nacioneles 40 x 5 1/2"
Quintero Londres Extra 40 X 4 7/8 "
Quintero Panetelas 37 X 5"

Mecanizado ( Completely machine made )
Quintero Londres 40 x 4 7/8"
Quintero Puritos 29 X 4 1/8 "

Had one of these on Saturday and I thought it was a pretty decent smoke. I am not very good at decerning individual tastes or flavors but I thought it had a very unique taste. Great aroma, burned well and it was a very pleasant smoke.

I thought it tasted a bit like an Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona, IMHO

Personally I think the Quinteros are a little stronger but that's probably mostly because the Quinteros I've been smoking lately are Arpil, 2004 :0

In my experience, the Quinteros burn better and the Jose Piedras are a slightly "harsher"

That may have just sounded stupid but I measure "strength" in terms of the nicotine content, etc. and when I say "harsh" I mean that it burns hot which may be caused by the fact that the Jose Piedras I've smoked in the past may have been on the dry side.

I have a source for Quintero Londres Extras from 1993 for $81 USD +shipping (around $25) or Londres Extras from 1998 for $73 +shipping. Also can get the Nacionales for $77 USD +shipping. PM me if you want to order some.