• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R&J Churchill vs. Short Churchill?

Pipe Smoker

I love the Short Churchils and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they compared to their big brothers? After giving one to a friend who is a causual smoker he said that this was the first cigar that, as he reached the end, he wished was longer. I thought to myself...maybe it can be. But I don't see any love for the full size Churchill. Anyone compared the two?

Two appoligies: I would think this has been discussed but I didn't turn anything up, and I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Cuban forum (I chosse this one because this is where I found the reviews of the Short Chruchill).

I think it's all about how much time you have to enjoy the smoke. I love Churchills, but sometimes I have other things that need to be done.
:)

I really enjoy the RyJ Short Churchills, but haven't tried the full size.
It makes me wonder too, the Churchills don't get much press.

The Churchill cigar is one of the best there are, but they have to be aged. Unlike the short Churchil that can be smoked fresh. I prefer both in the tubo format especially for aging. YMMV

The fullsize Churchill has to have at least 5, preferably 8-10 years of proper aging for the flavors to come out. The first third of the cigar is very subtle and understated. You get into the last two thirds and it builds. If I was rich, I have have the hired help smoke the first half for me. This is a cigar that cannot be rushed or it will taste acrid and burn poorly.

I really enjoy both cigars but I tend to go to the short Churchill's more often. I'm actually smoking short Churchel as I'm writing this and I'm burning my fingertips because I just can't put it down is just so good. This one happens to have some age on it I'm not quite sure it might be a 2009 or 2010 it was gifted to me, but either way they are good right out-of-the-box

I just ordered some Wide Churchills.  I've had the Short Churchills and loved them, so I'm looking forward to these.