• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RabbitAir Air Filtration - anyone with experience?

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
Anyone have any experience with the RabbitAir filter system? Saw it at Big Smoke and was intrigued.

Just built my man cave and thought this might be an answer for air filtration. I hate to put down $500 without some real-life reviews, though. Help a brother out?

I'm specifically looking at the MinusA2 system.  Here's a link: http://www.rabbitair.com/pages/minusa2-air-purifier

I have two in my man cave with the odor/smoke filters in them. With sealant around the door frame and the ceiling register blocked off, they do a pretty good of containing the smoke smell. It's not 100%, but at least 90.

Gavin said:
I have two in my man cave with the odor/smoke filters in them. With sealant around the door frame and the ceiling register blocked off, they do a pretty good of containing the smoke smell. It's not 100%, but at least 90.
Do you also actively vent while smoking?

There are a couple Rabbitairs at our cigar club, but they are used in tandem with a pretty good ventilation system that is not connected in any way to the other establishments in our strip mall.

I used an air cleaner but all it did was make the air smell better the next day.  I switched to a big ass exhaust fan mounted remotely and connected with ductwork.  I can smoke with the door open and no smoke leaves the room.

I'd love to hear what other people are using also.  I'm looking for something for my cave.  Doors open just doesn't cut it in the winter.

I do not. When it's nice out, I open the patio door, but that's it.

Check the cadr: 

http://www.airpurifierguide.org/faq/cadr

I don't use one in the garage...but in the house this one does wonders:  Whirlpool Whispure 510

(and that model seems to have better ratings....but don't forget to get EXTRA filters). 

Best bet is to vent outside, along with a filter.