• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Race for the Nextel Cup

tdog

Congratulations Jimmie Johnson. The race is on and so is Team Lowes. :thumbs:

You think he was sandbaggin' it a little leading into the chase? Smoke may have chosen the wrong time to peak.

Tony will still be tough I'm sure but if Jimmie is peaking now then he couldn't be doing it a better time. Jimmie is overdue for the Cup. 2nd the past two years in the points and lost to Busch by only 8 pts. last year. That is heartbreaking.

This year I am pulling for Mark Martin. He has been 2nd several times, but has never won the cup. I guess in my opinion he sort of deserves it...

I usually root for the 24 car and the 15, but we know what that got me this year. Oh and Jimmy Spencer too.

gandolf565 said:
This year I am pulling for Mark Martin. He has been 2nd several times, but has never won the cup. I guess in my opinion he sort of deserves it...

I usually root for the 24 car and the 15, but we know what that got me this year. Oh and Jimmy Spencer too.
[snapback]230069[/snapback]​

Jimmy Spencer aka Mr Excitement aka has been oops I mean never-was?

Lumberg said:
[snapback]230121[/snapback]​

Yeah, that's the guy. I dunno why, I just have always liked him.

gandolf565 said:
[snapback]230166[/snapback]​

So, you're the one who bought his shirt ...

Edited to add: The only good thing he ever did was smack Kurt Busch.

smitty0255 said:
gandolf565 said:
[snapback]230166[/snapback]​

So, you're the one who bought his shirt ...

Edited to add: The only good thing he ever did was smack Kurt Busch.
[snapback]230174[/snapback]​

HEHE! I was up cheering when that happened! That was classic.

I'm a #8 fan (Dale Earnhardt Jr.) but I enjoy watching the chase to the Cup. I too would love to see Mark Martin win it all but the #48 and #20 cars are gonna be hard to beat...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Uh-oh, tied the lead coming from the back of the pack.

Wooooooooo-Hoooooooooo, go Jimmie. What a race!!!! Tire problems made for a frustrating yet interesting night at Charlotte.

eh racing... the only sweat thas is broken is by the pit crew, does that really make it a sport?

wasch_24 said:
Watch out for Biffle...mark my words.
It would be real nice to see Martin win.
[snapback]238359[/snapback]​

Mark Martin is the only Rousch driver that I wouldn't mind seeing win it.

Cheekie said:
eh racing... the only sweat thas is broken is by the pit crew, does that really make it a sport?
[snapback]238397[/snapback]​

If you watched the race on Saturday night they talked about the amount of G-forces on the drivers in the corners and what it does to the body at 190 MPH. More than 4 hours of their body's taking that abuse. Believe me the driver is in much worse shape at the end of a race than the pit crew, unless one of them gets run over on pit road. :p

When I lived in the Wilkes-Barre PA area I would go to Spencer's junk yard all the time looking for Pontiac parts. I remember Jimmy zooming around a figure 8 dirt track that his father made. He made not be the best driver but he made it pretty much on his own.

Lumberg said:
[snapback]230121[/snapback]​

The heck with Nascar now that #24 is out of the point chase :p

Edited for spelling.

Cheekie said:
[snapback]238397[/snapback]​

WTF?!?!?

Don't feed the troll!