• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Michal

Turquoise Hexagon Sun
Any Radiohead fans here? :)
Im after 10th or 15th hearing of their new album and its... AWESOME!
After fully electronic solo Thom Yorke's solo album now we have some kind of 'back to the roots' album.
In my opinion its bettter than last Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac on the same incredible level as Kid A and OK Computer with some notes from The Bands

Im completely in love with this album! :love:

Just listened to it last night and I loved it. I agree that it is one of their best albums, awesome.

Well shit, I guess I'll have to buy this one. Radiohead fan here.

I've been a Radiohead junkie since The Bends. The new album, well, at first I was disappointed that it is so mellow. It is pretty calm. You don't get the dynamics of the usual up and down Radiohead album, but it's really growing on me. Which is a sign of a 'great' album. Know what I mean? If an album is full of pop-songs, and void of complexity, it will strike you as something great and then a month later you'll be using it as a coaster.

One thing I love about Thom Yorke is that he uses his voice as an instrument. Brilliant. Then you have Johnny Greenwood and Phil Selway...genius. Thank God for this band, everything else just bores in comparison.

If only Rage would get their asses back in the studio...

Edit for Brandon: inrainbows.com, and you don't even have to buy it if you don't want. Pay what you like, check it out.

If an album is full of pop-songs, and void of complexity, it will strike you as something great and then a month later you'll be using it as a coaster.
Unfortunatelly I know what You mean. Sometimes there are albums which seems to be awesome ones, but after 1 month they start to be boring. Hope it will not happen with this album. For example I also loved Yorke's solo album The Eraser when I first heared it... and now... I still really love it and think its just great! :)

Edit for Brandon: inrainbows.com, and you don't even have to buy it if you don't want. Pay what you like, check it out.
Yep, check this site, Radiohead decided to give full acces to their album for everyone. You can pay as much as You want or nothing.
Im only waiting for CD version, will purchase it for sure! :)

Thanks Mick! My favorite Radiohead song is still Thinking about You.

Yep, check this site, Radiohead decided to give full acces to their album for everyone. You can pay as much as You want or nothing.

I'm not that big of a Radiohead fan but I downloaded this album and decided to pay $20.00 I want to encourage good bands to utilize this model. The record companies have gotten out of control imo and it is time to do something about it. Good for them.

I downloaded but have not had a chance to listen yet. I am a big fan of OK Computer, and Kid A. I downlaoded on Sat with no problems. I really like the pay want you want approach.

I have to beleive there are some record execs sweating right now. Between the new artists launching thier careers on myspace and the guarnateed sales of a band like Radiohead bypassing the establishment like this, the record business execs should begin to feel queesy.

Cparker

They make most their money off concerts. I like this approach as well.

Downloaded this CD last week. I agree it's better than Hail to the Thief and possibly Amnesiac, but to compare it to OK Computer or Kid A is not in the cards for me. Those 2 CDs are perfection, this one while very good, falls short of those 2.

I downloaded but have not had a chance to listen yet. I am a big fan of OK Computer, and Kid A. I downlaoded on Sat with no problems. I really like the pay want you want approach.

I have to beleive there are some record execs sweating right now. Between the new artists launching thier careers on myspace and the guarnateed sales of a band like Radiohead bypassing the establishment like this, the record business execs should begin to feel queesy.

Cparker

Aren't all CDs free now?

Huge Radiohead fan, and I'm loving the album! It keeps getting better w/ every listen.

I ordered the 'Disc Box' set from the site, mostly for the 2nd disc of material.
I saw them play last year when they were working on the new material and some of my favorites of the new stuff they played ended up on this 2nd disc.

Downloaded this CD last week. I agree it's better than Hail to the Thief and possibly Amnesiac, but to compare it to OK Computer or Kid A is not in the cards for me. Those 2 CDs are perfection, this one while very good, falls short of those 2.
I think Youre talking to me Zeebra Man! ;)
I didnt compare those 2 great albums to 'In Rainbows', I was talking about their level, the new one is as good as those previous two, not similiar but gives me almost the same 'enjoy level' :)

I'm not that big of a Radiohead fan but I downloaded this album and decided to pay $20.00 I want to encourage good bands to utilize this model. The record companies have gotten out of control imo and it is time to do something about it. Good for them.

I did read that Radiohead eventually plan to sign some form of contract with a record company to utilize their lines of distribution. After that, In Rainbows will be available in the usual cd format in stores. They plan to do that sometime in January of 2008.

Another benefit to them releasing in the manner they did is that it keeps the songs together as an album. As more and more people download 'songs' vs. 'albums', I fear that the concept of an album could change or disappear even. Not unlike any of Radiohead's albums from OK Computer on, all the songs on 'In Rainbows' seem to intertwine. I can't imagine a Radiohead greatest hits album. I would hardly work, unless it was a live performance.

Anyway, just thoughts...

agreed, awesome. I read that 1/3 of the people who DL'd from their site didnt pay anything, but that the average was around $8 which is a WAY bigger cut than Capitol woulda given them I'm sure.

Too bad the album was only available at 160 bitrate...

good point tsmckenney, never thought about that. Although I DO have some cds that need to be experienced in their entirety (Early November's "the Mother, Mechanic and the Path" comes to mind)