• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rafael Gonzalez opinions?

chino

Anyone have any experience with the panatelas extra? I'm not familiar with this brand so I want to find out as much as I can.

I have not smoked the Panatela's Extra, but I have smoke the Corona Extra (Corona Gorda size). Very mild Habano...subtle woody and herbaceous flavors. Great morning or pre-dinner smoke. I enjoy them. The box I am smoking from is from 2000. Some of the cigars have a tight draw, but I have not found any that were completely plugged.

That's about all I can share at this point. :thumbs:

I think I heard somewhere that they are cheap due to being short filler.

All Rafael Gonzalez's handmade with the exception of the Panatelas Extra's.
The Panatelas Extra's are short filler and machine made.
That is why they are so cheap.

chino
they are the only rgmarquez that is machine made.

an enigmatic brand to say the least...have not smoked a lot of rgmarquez but a few boxes of different sizes.oddly enough the panetelas extra is my favorite.i find this mildly quirky that the best(in my opinion)of a brand should be a machine made.i say buy...they are cheap and you wont be disappointed.oh...finally...the only smoke ever where i have gotten a taste of juniper(how exotic is that).

derrek :)

I turn to the RG line when I want a change in taste from my 'regular' rotation. I enjoy their Lonsdale line for their excellent construction, very different earthy and woody flavor profile and the fact they are a well priced cigar. I also enjoy the Panatela Extra for the taste profile (and what a value for the $$) however, spitting out the short filler tobacco gets very tiresome very quickly and takes away somewhat from my enjoyment of the cigar so I tend to use these mainly as golf course smokes - it delivers a nice taste but is not a demanding cigar that forces you to slow down to truly experience it.