• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Railbender Ale

in2xshp

Banned
Reaction score
The Wifey thought it a good idea to bring some of this home this weekend, and I wish she brought home more. I don't know if anyone else here has started a thread on this yet but it was good enough to start another in my mind.

It's what they call a Scottish Style Ale, which I don't really see but the flavors i got from this was nothing I have had since spending some time in England. It was a nice creamy ale with a wonderful caramel finish that didn't go away, real nice deep malt flavor sweet hop finish (I kinda wanted a bit more) but it was balanced well. The color is a nice deep cloudy red, I'm not sure if it is unfiltered but it does look like the redheaded cousin to Hoegaarden in the glass (cloudy and unfiltered if you already didn't get that) Anyway it is a fairly sweet brew, it kinda borders on the almost too sweet for me, I tend to like the darker stouts and porters, this feel like a nice everyday brew to me, not too heavy but no where near the light side.

This is definitely a beer I will drink more of, hope you all enjoy.
railbender148.jpg

Sam

edit to add pic

Very interesting ... I'll have to keep my eye open for Erie Brewing products. This brew sounds more like your typical English Pub Ales, really rich, creamy and just downright decadent! ;)

Nick

Welcome to the world of enlightenment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erie Brewing started several years ago as part of a brew pub in Union Station, our once largely abandoned railroad station. The restaurant part of the business failed, but the beer lived on. Erie Brewing moved into a separate building, invested in larger equipment, and has been bottling their different brews. It's shipped regionally. I believe Philly gets it, if AVB or one of the other City of Brotherly Love BOTL's/SOTL's' can confirm.

These are good times for this region. There are several new microbreweries who have opened up shop recently, including a new brew pub in Union Station called The BrewErie.

Welcome to the world of enlightenment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erie Brewing started several years ago as part of a brew pub in Union Station, our once largely abandoned railroad station. The restaurant part of the business failed, but the beer lived on. Erie Brewing moved into a separate building, invested in larger equipment, and has been bottling their different brews. It's shipped regionally. I believe Philly gets it, if AVB or one of the other City of Brotherly Love BOTL's/SOTL's' can confirm.

These are good times for this region. There are several new microbreweries who have opened up shop recently, including a new brew pub in Union Station called The BrewErie.

She actually got this in northern Nj just outside Lafayette, I told her to get a case on her way home today.