• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Corona '97

Mike33

Not an in-depth review as I really wasn't in the mood to concentrate enough for one. I picked up a handful of singles recently from a '97 cab and decided to fire one up. I just got done with a mid-term and a 20 page appellate brief, so I was needing a nice pick-me up for the weekend. For those not familiar with the RAC, they were discontinued in 2002 and are very hard to come by. Not sure of the price for intact cabs, but I think it is around 1K or possibly higher.

It started off rather nondescript, but after the first 1/2 inch began to shine. Not as spicy as young RA, but still strong and oh so smooth. Rich, dank, dried-fruit notes with a lot sweetness. Medium-bodied with great finesse. Interestingly, this is the first cigar I have ever had that was left a "clean" finish. I've read some of Suckling's reviews of davidoffs that he said were "refreshing to my palate" and thought it was B.S. While I won't say it was "refreshing," it certainly left a clean finish. Overall, a fantastic cigar......just wish I could afford and find a whole Cab :D

P3210364-1.jpg

P3210365.jpg

This stick looks tasty. I'm not sure how my couple of RASS ten years this RAC's junior will stack up... :laugh:

Big shot lawyers never have time. You are well on your way! :laugh: JK Nice review.

Very nice review Mike.

Brian

Nice review. I'd say that's about a $40 Corona at this point. One of the most coveted cigars around and next to impossible to find.

Nice review. I'd say that's about a $40 Corona at this point. One of the most coveted cigars around and next to impossible to find.

Yea, and they are way over-priced right now. I paid around $25 a stick and while worth every penny of that, I would not pay anymore for one.

Big shot lawyers never have time. You are well on your way! JK Nice review.

Fugger! :laugh: