• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Machine Made

TheLostGringo

Go Red Sox!
I don't have to much experience with Cuban Machine Made cigars so I hope someone with some experience could give me a little review on the Ramon Allones Mille Fleurs.

Thanks

Hey Roger!!

We need to get together again and burn some of Gary's cigars. :laugh:

I'm a big RA fan but I've never tried these. The RASCCs can be had for about $4.60 each so I've never looked into trying to get my hands on the Mille Fleurs. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever run across anyone ever selling the Mille Fleurs.

Oh, my searching technique sucks so you're doing better than me. :D If you ever find any Mille Fleurs, please let me know. :)

Hey Roger!!

We need to get together again and burn some of Gary's cigars. :laugh:

I'm a big RA fan but I've never tried these. The RASCCs can be had for about $4.60 each so I've never looked into trying to get my hands on the Mille Fleurs. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever run across anyone ever selling the Mille Fleurs.

Oh, my searching technique sucks so you're doing better than me. :D If you ever find any Mille Fleurs, please let me know. :)

Sounds good, I hope that I will be getting together with Gary soon to collect my part of a box split and light a few up. We will have to arrange it so all can attend.

I ran accross a vendor with 1998 RA Mille Fleurs. If you PM me I would be happy to share the source.

I've never tried those machine mades, but I have tried some others from "over there", and usually they are pretty decent. The price is usually very low, and that makes them appealing. Don't expect them to compete with some of the higher end sticks (ie: snob sticks). If you end up with any, burn a few and let us know.

Although I have not smoked a RA machine made, I have always been dissappointed by machine made habanos. ( A group of us participated in a monthly bulk purchase of MMs back in 2004. See Link. Take Bill's suggestion - your money is better spent on RASCC.

Link corrected. :cool:

I've never tried those machine mades, but I have tried some others from "over there", and usually they are pretty decent. The price is usually very low, and that makes them appealing. Don't expect them to compete with some of the higher end sticks (ie: snob sticks). If you end up with any, burn a few and let us know.

TOM!!!

Where the HELL have you been? :laugh:

Great to see you back 'round these parts! :thumbs:

TOM!!!

I've been hiding from YOU! :laugh: Someone told me you want were trying to win the all time post contest over here, and I didn't want to be the one who stood in your way! I mean, I know my 13xx posts intimidates you! :sign:

Glad to see people still remember me though :thumbs:

TOM!!!

I've been hiding from YOU! :laugh: Someone told me you want were trying to win the all time post contest over here, and I didn't want to be the one who stood in your way! I mean, I know my 13xx posts intimidates you! :sign:

Glad to see people still remember me though :thumbs:

LMAO!! Nah, I think I lost to AVB sometime back. :D

WOW, at first I thought I was seeing thing when I saw a post with your avatar, either that or someone had stolen it. :laugh:

So stick around ya old FOG you! :p

Although I have not smoked a RA machine made, I have always been dissappointed by machine made habanos. ( A group of us participated in a monthly bulk purchase of MMs back in 2004. See Link ) Take Bill's suggestion - your money is better spent on RASCC.

Gee, I dunno MMM, I really liked most of the ones from that group buy, especially the ones with some age on them.

The problem with trying to procure RASCCs at the present time is you'd be lucky if you can find any with box codes more than six month old. :0 Well, at least up here in Canada anyway. :laugh:

While I tend to like my Cuban cigars young and raw, the last couple of boxes of RASCCs that I got were pretty young (six months) and tasted like crap. They were/are SEP 06 and I got them in March. Now that they're a year old, they've gotten a little better but could still probably use a bit more time in the humi.

Now if TheLostGringo can find me some Mille Fleurs with a few years on 'em, I'm GAME!

Gee, I dunno MMM, I really liked most of the ones from that group buy, especially the ones with some age on them.

The MMs have always left me wanting more - I simply prefer the firmness and long filler of handmades, and I don't smoke cigars to save money. In fact, I still have some of those MMs left in the Monkidors somewhere. :laugh:

Oops... I noticed I linked to the incorrect thread, regarding the Machine Made Monthly Group Buy in 2004. See previous post for edit..

I don't think it was ever about saving money? I personally like to try all kind of cigars, not only the elite and expensive, but the lesser knowns also. The variety is why "they" make all those different kinds, blends, sizes, shapes and such. I think what I intended to say and express was the price of certain machine mades - makes them more appealing when placing orders.

I am NOT of the opinion that a good cigar is an expensive cigar... I've smoked some expensive "rockets" before - thats for sure... I think some people hear, read or see certain terms about cigars and automatically have tainted opinions --- I'm sure I'm guilty of it too :( but by smoking a variety, and not having a pre-determined opinion of a cigar just because of its price, make, etc, can sometimes open you up for pleasant surprises.

If you have a chance to try the Belvederes they're pretty good little smokes for a machine made of this brand.