• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon/Ramon

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I had never heard of this label before, but the size seemed to fit well for the night. My buddies were cold and didn't want to stay outside too long. So I enjoyed this medium-sized cigar on a chilly Friday evening in North Texas.

Very pleasurable smoke due to the fact that it had a consistently full taste to it. It was a darker wrapper and gave off an almost milky taste. The funny thing was, this cigar did not have any overwhelmingly unique tastes, nor did it have an amazing changes throughout the cigar. I usually find myself disappointed with "one-dimensional" cigars. The Ramon/Ramon was an exception. I found this cigar to be very enjoyable for what it was: A straightforward, smooth smoke to close out your night (or warm it up, depending on what you have planned :D ).

I don't know what retail is on this cigar, but I would smoke one again. ;)

From cigarweekly:

As a tribute to Ramon Cifuentes, the creator of the Partagas cigars, Edgar Cullman, CEO of General Cigar commissioned the Ramon y Ramon cigar to honor General’s long relationship with Ramon Cifuentes. Cifuentes died at the age of 91 in January 2000. The special cigar was announced at the 2000 RTDA show and shipped to the fortunate customers in November. The filler tobacco is Piloto Cubano and Nicaraguan. The binder leaves are Connecticut broadleaf and the attractive and spicy wrapper leaves are African Cameroon. General Cigar manufactured the Ramon y Ramon cigars at the Cifuentes factory in Santiago, Dominican Republic.

I believe yours was the lagado size.

I liked them very much but not enough for retail if you can find them. Still have a few in the box growing older though.

Robb