• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RATING EXPERIMENT NO 4

CgarDan

For me in particular this cigar was probably the best value for the experience. But there was a big difference between the blind and banded averages.

Results

CONSTRUCTIONFLAVORCOMPLEXITYAPPEARANCETOTAL
BLIND RATINGSOUT OF 30OUT OF 40OUT OF 20OUT OF 10OUT OF 100
CigarStone
26​
27​
13​
8​
74​
Pugman1943
30​
36​
16​
10​
92​
Cboukal
25​
32​
15​
9​
81​
cabaiguan juan
23​
40​
15​
10​
88​
lherzolite
30​
13​
7​
10​
60​
Gavin
27​
20​
8​
8​
63​
JoeMO
27​
33​
10​
7​
77​
Nate1977
29​
38​
17​
9​
93​
H.VACHON
29​
37​
18​
8​
92​
drunkfish3
25​
30​
10​
10​
75​
cohibasurfer
28​
35​
16​
8​
87​
Le Primauguet
25​
0​
0​
9​
34​
Smokemorestressless
30​
35​
17​
10​
92​
THINDE
28​
38​
18​
9​
93​
modo22
28​
38​
16​
10​
92​
wingman1974
20​
18​
14​
8​
60​
WITH THE BANDS
SKYDIVNEKD
27​
35​
19​
9​
90​
CGARDAN
29​
38​
19​
10​
96​
Eqwhipped
93​
28​
36.5​
19​
9.5​

Review Notes:

I must have not done something right on this.... I let it sit in a drybox at 69 percent for about a week and a half. Started but struggled.
Construction: 20- small crack in wrapper at corner bend (box press line). Just opened up way too much.
Flavor Profile: 18- Too basic .
Complexity: 14 - only had two driving flavors of light cedar and ears the whole way
Appearance: 8 - small srress crack on box press. Double cap presented well and color hinted at a San Andreas wrapper.
Total of 60

Appearance = 8 of 10
Construction = 28 of 30
Flavor = 35 of 40
Complexity = 16 of 20

Total = 87

Wrapper seems to be top quality. No flaws or blemishes. Nice sheen. Beautiful box press.
It taste like Conn. Broadleaf.
Rich coffee out the gate with some salted caramel. An Earthy/mushroom note pops in and out with some dark chocolate, some leather and Anise. The coffee note stays true through out with hints of black pepper when I retro.
A good cigar.

#4: 92
Construction: 30
, great draw
Flavor peofile: 35, interesting, nuanced, a mixing and meshing of flavors I usually get from aged cigars.
Complexity 17, fairly complex, but very nuanced. Needed to go very slow and focus on the flavors.
Esthetics/ appearance: 10 The velvety smooth wrapper was nice to puck up each puff.

Pretty wrapper, tough but smooth feeling. Like if a snake's skin was velvet. Makes me want to hold it. Hopefully we can be buddies for an hour or so.

Smells nice, earthy, barnyardish, something vegetation ish, but in a soft gentle way, not fresh cut grass, and not old and mustey. Very nice.

Straight cut, very nice draw. This allows for the flavors to shine.

First puffs are like bumping into an old friend you havn't met before. Familiar and comforting but new and exciting. That earthy vegetation smell is on the mouth now, that's exciting, plus minerals. Wish I had more words to describe it. Mossy pete? Coco, vanilla, some baking spice? I want to keep puffing like a darn forest fire to enjoy more of it, but alas the beaty of a smoking experoence is that patience is rewarded. The last thing I want to do is go too fast and ruin this beautiful sotweed.

After 10 minutes of slowing my roll and taking it in, I have settled into that peaceful state of balance a cigar brings. There is a very interesting confluence of flavor here. They shold be from 2 different worlds, but somehow they play together very well. Clouds float by, wind rushes, and the frickin laser beam coming off the top of the hard rock gituar hotel beams into the sky frim 6 miles away; not nearly as cohesive a mixing as this cigar.

Damnit, got too relaxed and let this stick go out. Not the same after relight yet, tried purging but no luck. Cut the foot a tiny bit more, lets see if she recovers.

She's back, ends well. Good smoke!

I couldnt get through this one. Something was wrong. Although it was kept the same way and amount of time as the others in the same humi
It was sick or something. It taste like gasoline from the start until halfway when I tossed it. I'll give ratings but you may want to leave them out of he averages unless others had the same experience.

Appearance:9

Construction:25

Flavor profile:0

Complexity:0

4# overall - 92. Great cigar.

Construction - 29. Consistent firm pack, easy draw. Burned very well.

Flavor - 37. Spicy. Cedar and earth. Little white pepper. Slightly creamy around half way mark.

Complexity - 18. The flavor didn’t transition much, but there is a lot going on in the flavor profile.

Appearance - 8. Solid and smooth. Very veiny.

Total - 60
Construction - 30
Flavor profile - 13
Complexity - 7
Esthetics/appearance - 10

Prelight dont get much on the nose; a little tabacco
1/3 straw, savory, salty, butter/oily
2/3 savory, salty, oily
3/3 mostly just a ton of salt; increasing bitterness, still oily
meh. Full bodied; medium strength; very salty throughout

# 4 =93
Construction 29
Flavor 38
Complexity 17
Appearance 9

Even burn ,no touch ups needs , draw was great , cardboard ,white pepper ,earthy notes , some leather, nuts chocolate in the last 3rd along with a mild bitterness (in a good way not from tar)

Cigar #4 Score 77

Time: 7:25

Dark Torpedo

First third - enjoying initial draws, chocolate, wood, so far, good smoke, plenty of smoke, nice flavor, good ash, strong retro-hale,
Second third - still nice flavor, a bit of nicotine or ???,
brown sugar, but not sweet
final third - nice smoke

Construction - 27
Flavor profile - 33
Complexity - 10
Esthetics/appearance - 7 = 77

74/100 Total
26/30 Construction Burned very nicely!
27/40 Flavor profile This cigar was powerful and flavorful
13/20 Complexity It didn't change
8/10 Appearance

Esthetics/Appearance : 9/10
- Very clean looking seegar.
- Nice uniform wrapper with a consistent shade to the wrapper.

Construction : 27/30
- Firm stick with a good pre-light draw.
- No mushy spots in the stick.
- Sharp point to the head of the stick; well made figurado.
- small split in first inch after lighting. It didn't continue so I didn't dock heavily for it.

Flavor : 35/40
- Possible leather flavor on pre-light draw and in first third. No real spiciness detected.
- Middle third got a bit fuller with a touch of spice. Retro was nice and not over-powering.(leather? still hinting a bit)
- Last third got a bit fuller yet w/o being sour tasting. Spiciness picked up yet again, not overwhelming.

Complexity : 19/20
- The stick improved from pre-light through til the end. I nubbed it. Never got bitter, yet "taste" still changed and improved.

Overall, I really liked this stick. I've not smoked one before, and haven't bought due to not knowing what I was getting. I'll buy these when I see them.

dark brow
firm, box press
Unlit- Barnyard, ammonia
strait cut
First third
Right off the bat pepper through the nose on retro
Mineral, leather
Second third,
Cedar, baking spices. something sweet
second third, Body increasing
Bit of cream
Last third,
Medium full to full
Baking spices, sweet pepper and more cream
Score 93

FINAL REVEAL :
Purchase site: CigarKing
Purchase price: $6.75
Cigar: Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestro
Cigar Aficionado Rating https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/21846/name/aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-maestro-figurado

Wow... this one was a really divided one. First time for me. I thought it might have been a Master Blend 3.