• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ratings Schmatings

Tony Bones

Grundalier
You guys who read my occasional reviews of smokes have probably noticed that I started off rating w/ numbers and haven't been doing so lately.

I got to thinking about the whole number thing and it just didn't work out so well. I think it was price that threw me off. It's hard to be unbiast when you've paid $70+ for a cigar. It seems as though you almost convince yourself that it's good before smoking it. That said, I've had some very good $70 cigars...but I've had some very good $12 ones too.

Guess I'm just saying that I'd rather use words as opposed to numbers to communicate my likes and dislikes. For what it's worth, I've recently had the following that I thought were excellent and very good cigars:

Excellent
-Partagas Lusitania
-Opus X Toast Across America
-PAM Torpedos w/ a couple of years on them
-HdM EL's from 03'
-85' RyJ Churchill

Very good
-Cohiba Siglo III
-Perdomo Edicion de Silvio
-VSG Enchantment

Hard to be without some sort of bias when it comes to something like cigars... you just do what you can and enjoy your smoke. :)

Just for fun, my current Excellent list:

PAM Torpedo <- I don't think this cigar has ever NOT been excellent for me.
HdM EL Pyramid
Upmann Mag46
Cohiba Siglo I and III

Just to chime in, on my excellent list is one you both have on yours, HdM EL. I agree with that call! :p

Top five (no particular order) would be:

Padrón 1926 Serie No.9 Maduro
Opus X (any/many)
Perdomo EDS Torpedo No.2
Hoyo de Monterrey 2003 EL
RASS 1998

The Opus X Maduro Lancero has got to be my all time favorite cigar, but since it's so damn hard to find, it's not worth listing. I've had a number of deeply aged Cubans that have been excellent as well, but the experience is quite different than the relatively strong/rich flavors of the above cigars (something apparently I like).

Some others I've really enjoyed:

Padrón 1964 Maduros
Ashton VSGs
RA Gigantes
RyJ Exhibicion No. 4
Hemingway Maduros (milder tho)
Punch Churchills

My very recent favorites..

Cohiba Robusto. This is probably my desert island cigar.
PAM 1964 any size
Ashton VSG any size
AF Hemingway, especially SS
Monte #4

In general I also find I've liked most sungrowns I've tried lately, whether they be VSGs, AF's sungrowns, Oliva.. you name it.

moki said:
Top five (no particular order) would be:

Perdomo EDS Torpedo No.2
I just got the first issue of Cigar insider that is going to be published online bi monthly (im thinking about subscibing is anyone else...PM me)

They didnt give the Perdomo EDS a very good rating...84 and 85 i think. I was kind of surprised, but i like em so WTF?!?

barney

servebig said:
I just got the first issue of Cigar insider that is going to be published online bi monthly (im thinking about subscibing is anyone else...PM me)

They didnt give the Perdomo EDS a very good rating...84 and 85 i think. I was kind of surprised, but i like em so WTF?!?

barney
::shrug:: it's all about personal taste. I can't stand broccoli -- some people love that evil butt-hair tasting vegetable tho. :)

Someone is going to do it, might as well be me...

How do you know what butt hair tastes like?

other1 said:

Ass-Munch comes to mind... :0 :p

other1 said:

Well, there was once this East German girl...