• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RATZILLA

Dapp

Hey all. First I'd like to say hello to the CP family. I'm new here and oddly enough I am the GM of a cigar lounge in Alexandria VA called CP or CigarPalace and the Montecristo lounge. Anyway as some of you know the IPCPR show was last week and boy did they have some goodies. Today I wanted to touch briefly on the New Liga Privada RATZILLA. This is a stick I had great anticipation on trying. And as I write this, it hangs gingerly off my lips. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed so far. I guess since its only about a third smoked I'm being a bit premature with this opinion. I generally like to smoke a stick at least twice b4 I make a decision on it. And please let me make it clear that my disappointment is not because off lack of quality, or poor taste. More so just it's not what I expected, and I guess I shouldn't have expected anything. But its sort of like thinking there is coke in the glass and you get iced tea. Just unexpected. It's not like the Dirty Rat at all. I'm having a little trouble keeping it lit, and the flavors are a bit mute. Now my opinion is a bit bias because I tried the new L40 from them yesterday and it was outstanding. Probably my favorite from the Liga line thus far. But that's another thread. Anyway I just wanted to touch on it and I will add to this when I'm finished. God I hope this ends up much better then it's starting..........Has anyone out there smoked this yet??? Your thoughts????

I had the same "different" experience when I smoked the Illusione Singular. Took a couple of smokes for me to get it and enjoy 'em.

I hope your smoke turns out well. Either way, I wouldn't make a decision on a single smoke.

John

Hey all. First I'd like to say hello to the CP family. I'm new here and oddly enough I am the GM of a cigar lounge in Alexandria VA called CP or CigarPalace and the Montecristo lounge. Anyway as some of you know the IPCPR show was last week and boy did they have some goodies. Today I wanted to touch briefly on the New Liga Privada RATZILLA. This is a stick I had great anticipation on trying. And as I write this, it hangs gingerly off my lips. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed so far. I guess since its only about a third smoked I'm being a bit premature with this opinion. I generally like to smoke a stick at least twice b4 I make a decision on it. And please let me make it clear that my disappointment is not because off lack of quality, or poor taste. More so just it's not what I expected, and I guess I shouldn't have expected anything. But its sort of like thinking there is coke in the glass and you get iced tea. Just unexpected. It's not like the Dirty Rat at all. I'm having a little trouble keeping it lit, and the flavors are a bit mute. Now my opinion is a bit bias because I tried the new L40 from them yesterday and it was outstanding. Probably my favorite from the Liga line thus far. But that's another thread. Anyway I just wanted to touch on it and I will add to this when I'm finished. God I hope this ends up much better then it's starting..........Has anyone out there smoked this yet??? Your thoughts????
Ask the Source... :thumbs:

Ok so it ended much better then it started!!! Thank god!! I was really starting to worry there for a second. Anyway its got a good punch to it. Nice even burn, Although you really had to pay good attention to this beauty because she will go out fast. I had her in thr box at an Rh of 67% and she was in there for about 6 days. Anyways I'll do a proper review on this after my next one.......

Ok so it ended much better then it started!!! Thank god!! I was really starting to worry there for a second. Anyway its got a good punch to it. Nice even burn, Although you really had to pay good attention to this beauty because she will go out fast. I had her in thr box at an Rh of 67% and she was in there for about 6 days. Anyways I'll do a proper review on this after my next one.......

How about you post an intro. I mean you've already told us how to care for our cigars, posted a wishlist of sticks we should send you, and now plan on posting a review. The least you could do is let us know who you are and where you come from.

posted a wishlist of sticks we should send you

Where's that?

He posted a wish list, in the wish list thread.

I know, seems like a dumb thing to do.. ;)

He should have read the first post in that thread and saw how the wish list was run.
He did not and I'm sure made a honest mistake, but who knows...

Yeah... who knows. I see it now, although it wasn't showing in his post history. Guess that isn't updated yet. Starting on the wrong foot, to day the least. Thank you. :thumbs:

Dapp.

Even though I am still new on the CP board, my feelings are that if you are so inspired to smoke a new stick, whether it turns out that you like it or not, doing a Moving Review, you must love premium cigars.

Lived in Alexandria Virginia on Van Dorn street in 1991. Worked in DC for a Senator and loved it. Great town(s).

Best,
JD

RATZILLA? Yeah, not even buying a cigar named after a large rodent.

Haven;t smoked the Ratzilla. I just told my boy today, you cannot judge something after only trying one, or once. Hell, some things take several, and then there are all the variables that affect how a cigar tastes, burns, etc. We just had a member do an excellent post which included some excellent insight on reviewers.
I have learned over the years what I have to do to be able to fairly judge a smoke. It is not to be fair to the manufacturer. It is to be fair to myself, and not miss out due to
a flaw in my approach.

I'll smoke 'em. Loved the Dirty Rats, really dug the Flying Pigs, really enjoy the LP line in general....:thumbs:

I haven't had the Dirty Rat yet but the Flying Pigs and regular T52's and No9's are on the top of my list for sure!!

I'll probably try one at some point.

RATZILLA? Yeah, not even buying a cigar named after a large rodent.

Just ones named after vaginal secretions? ;) :D
I'd smoke a cigar named 'Pussy Juice'....but I wouldn't age them too long though :whistling:
Thinking of what an aged 'Pussy Juice' would taste like almost made me vomit up my breakfast. :angry:
HAHA... yeah it simply doesn't have the allure of a 1990's Monte

Is it just me or does it seem like PJ is behind the marketing of all their cigars? Each time there's a new release, there's just a little bit more gimmick along with it than the last.

GREAT cigars, regardless.

But the high dollar off-the-wall shapes and "unique" names... Dude, just make a ****load of LP #9's and give up the PJ scheme (low stock of the reg. line on the shelf, but no can haz this new shiz behind the counter).

^^^angry due to lack of LP #9 stock... :angry:

***not necessarily how it is at my local B&M, just how I've seen it at many different places.

At home linky!