• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RC 233 review

enerjay

Well, I took the time to light up a monster today. TATUAJE RC 233 91/4 x 55.
IMG_5398.jpg

Nice looking cigar, and I like every thing from PETE and DON.

Pre light had the normal pepper taste right of the bate. Almost all the TAT do this, no idea why. Draw was perfect, plenty of smoke, just nice and easy. First 1/3 had smoothed out and the pepper went away into what I would say was light coffee and cedar.
IMG_5404.jpg

At this point in the cigar I was waiting for the suttle change in flavor, like so many other big sticks. Along the way 1/2 the flavor was still very much coffee and cedar and it just never seemed to change. The burn and draw were flawless however.

IMG_5405.jpg

Over all a good cigar not the best from Pete. Maybe I went into it feeling the size would yield more suttle changes through out. But that just did not happen. At a price point of $22 MSRP I would have to give this cigar a B. At best

I have never had the RC233 but its smaller sibling, the RC184, is an amazingly good smoke!

Thanks for the review. Glad to see you used your day off wisely! :whistling:

That thing is a beast! Nice review. Thanks

Thanks Jay. Know to find the time to put fire to the one in the humi.

Brian

Where did you get the ashtray? Im lookin for just that to make a tat band ashtray. Also looking for the RCxxx's In a single to try.

Nice review. My B&M has a box of those and that thing is monstrous :0 I really want to try the 184. Heard many good things about it.

Where did you get the ashtray? Im lookin for just that to make a tat band ashtray. Also looking for the RCxxx's In a single to try.

Ditto. I'd love to know where you got that ashtray too!

The cigar band ashtray I made a few years ago was ruined when my storage unit got flooded while I was away on mil training. I'm looking to make another, but thought I'd get a real cigar ashtray this time (not just some WalMart cheapo made for cigarettes :laugh: )

Thanks for the review! Looks like one hell of a cigar. I'll have to give one a try when the pocket book gets a little fatter!

That thing is a real monster. I've never had either, but I have a 184 resting. I won't torch that thing until the summer time when I have an afternoon to work on it haha.

I was kicking back at the local B&M when that RC233 went down, the try belongs to them. If you know any one that hits antique shops that's were I would look. LOL

I was kicking back at the local B&M when that RC233 went down, the try belongs to them. If you know any one that hits antique shops that's were I would look. LOL

Great review Jay. The ashtray is crystal (I would guess with confidence). They're available, but spendy. I picked up a Diamond Crown crystal ashtray with a leather cigar carrier for $30 some time back. Together, they could have easily gone for $200+.

I dropped the ashtray and lost the top part of the carrier. :laugh: Some people can't own anything nice.