• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

REAL Bacon Cheese Burgers and a REAL Bacon Meatloaf

ELittle

Snowman Cage Inventor
So I tried something new yesterday. I went to the store and bought a 2 pound slab of bacon and cut it into 1" square strips, then I put it into the meat grinder. You want the bacon COLD when you do this so it doesn't turn into pate.

Then I put it back into the fridge to firm up a little bit. Then I took the ground sirloin (kobe style) and made a mix of about 2/3 beef and 1/3 ground bacon. I added no seasoning but a small amount of fresh ground pepper. Grill like usual.

A good trick I think is to make sure you get some flames going to char the bacon on the outside of the patties, and you can't leave them rare due to the pork which kinda sucks. I thought they were delicious! You can taste the bacon but at the same time you don't see it, it's kind of confusing.

Then the meatloaf. I took about a pound of kobe style ground sirloin, about 3/5 of a pound of ground bacon, some of my homemade rib rub, an egg, sourdough breadcrumbs, some oregano, a little bit of maple syrup, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper, and some ketchup (I can't help it I use ketchup on meatloaf). DAMN!

OMG IT NEEDS MORE BACON! :D

So I tried something new yesterday. I went to the store and bought a 2 pound slab of bacon and cut it into 1" square strips, then I put it into the meat grinder. You want the bacon COLD when you do this so it doesn't turn into pate.

Then I put it back into the fridge to firm up a little bit. Then I took the ground sirloin (kobe style) and made a mix of about 2/3 beef and 1/3 ground bacon. I added no seasoning but a small amount of fresh ground pepper. Grill like usual.

A good trick I think is to make sure you get some flames going to char the bacon on the outside of the patties, and you can't leave them rare due to the pork which kinda sucks. I thought they were delicious! You can taste the bacon but at the same time you don't see it, it's kind of confusing.

Then the meatloaf. I took about a pound of kobe style ground sirloin, about 3/5 of a pound of ground bacon, some of my homemade rib rub, an egg, sourdough breadcrumbs, some oregano, a little bit of maple syrup, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper, and some ketchup (I can't help it I use ketchup on meatloaf). DAMN!

I do something similar, however, I cook the bacon first and then add to the ground beef. That way the burgers can still remain a bit pink on the inside.

Evan, did you put bacon on the top of your bacon burgers? Bacon is better than true love.