• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Real or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph

So, I acquired my first batch of Cubans, or maybe not, a couple 5 and 3 packs of tubos, I took them to my local Tobacconist and he told me, "I have a nose, I can smell, those are the real McCoy my friend" but this kid at another shop said that my H.Upmann Magnum 46 Tubos were Dominican Upmanns with Cuban bands, the next day I brought my Montecristo petit tubos over and he said they might be the real thing,

one puzzling thing the kid said about the tubos is that they weren't supposed to have bar codes or recycle symbols (which they do) but I could tell that he didn't know that for a fact and was just looking for another reason as to why they were fakes,

anyhow, here are a couple of pic's I've taken of the sticks and tubos, please, any feedback would be greatly appreciated

upmanntubofront.jpg

upmantuboback.jpg

upmanbandclose.jpg

upmanncig.jpg

monteetubo.jpg

montecig.jpg

I'd like to add that from my experience, the Monte 4 (petit Tubo) was hands down one of the best if not THE best cigar I've ever smoked, incredible strong flavor, great burn, well I've smoked three of the five that came in the pack, all of them were rolled too tight with the last one that I smoked rolled so tight that it was literally like smoking a thick stick of wood,

the Upmann on the other hand was very harsh, tasted really young, vegetal,

Three topics: 1 intro and 2 looking for verification. Outstanding. Maybe read a little more and get a better idea at how things work on CP. Maybe even check out the thread two or three threads down with someone asking 'real or fake'.

There is also a really good photo tutorial around here somewhere that lets you know how to take better (and in-focus) pictures of your cigars for help in the future when you post reviews and such.

There is also a really good photo tutorial around here somewhere that lets you know how to take better (and in-focus) pictures of your cigars for help in the future when you post reviews and such.
Hey, I'm having trouble finding this in search, any idea where it is? I would be interested in reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.