• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rebanding Select Smokes

gawntrail

I received a few smokes in the mail recently. And, to my surprise, they were naked. A few days later, Voila......the bands showed up.

I'm wondering what glue to use to re-band, and are the re-banded cigars the same value in passes, trades, etc. as those that have not been?

I'm thinking to MAYBE send some of these out, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the input.

M. Gipson

I'm wondering what glue to use to re-band,
I just use a non-toxic Avery glue stick

are the re-banded cigars the same value in passes, trades, etc. as those that have not been?
As long as they are what you are banding them as :sign: :sign: :sign:

gawntrail said:
I'm wondering what glue to use to re-band, and are the re-banded cigars the same value in passes, trades, etc. as those that have not been?
Pectin. Can be found at your local supermarket; it's used for canning jelly and such. Completely non-toxic, edible, burnable, etc.

Fast4Dr said:
I'm wondering what glue to use to re-band,
I just use a non-toxic Avery glue stick

are the re-banded cigars the same value in passes, trades, etc. as those that have not been?
As long as they are what you are banding them as :sign: :sign: :sign:
So, you're saying I can't band my braided pipe with a Partagas Serie D #4 band?

Come on now........what fun is that?

Thanks for the gluestick idea. My kids have one they use for school, just a swipe on the overwrap end and then line it up right?

I ask about the value because the bands have been folded and the creases are very apparant. The color has even 'flaked' off at some of the creases. I'm not looking to sell them, but would like to pass them or trade them and would want to make sure their value is right.

New to the game, so I want to make sure i know what's going on.

M. Gipson

That's about it. If you are going to gift or pass some just try to do it with the best looking bands and you should have no issues :)

Personally I couldn't care less if they're banded, unbanded or rebanded. Others may feel differently though. A lot of my favorite smokes come in 50 cabs without bands anyway although rumor has it this is all about to change.

I use gluestick, when its called for. For unbanded cabinet cigars, I make my own bands and gluestick them on.

Bands? Bahhh :sneaky: Before I smoke a cigar, I remove the band ;)

Paper tastes funny :p

If you need to put them on, get some Post-It glue sticks. Works fine.