• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommendations

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I would like a descent recommendation for a drink that I can have while smoking a cigar. Here are some of my dislikes that can be taken into consideration as well.

1) I am not the type to drink something like Jack Daniels or Gin straight. (It is too harsh for my taste and I don't like the taste of straight liquor)

2) Prefer something other than beer or wine

3) I don't mind something mild or even sweet

Hopefully with that in mind, someone can come up with an idea for me. I think I would enjoy my smokes even more if they had a nice companion. :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Try googling a recipe for a Mojito and give that a whirl! It contains rum, sugar and mint leaves from what I remember, fairly easy to make and tasty!

The wife likes this with the cherry and I've tried too. Certainly smooths out whatever you're smoking.

Vixen recipe
2 1/2 shots Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
1/2 shot grenadine syrup
1/2 shot Kahlua® coffee liqueur

Pour grenadine and frangelico into an ice-filled cocktail shaker, and shake until frothy. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and slowly add the kahlua. Garnish with a cherry or hershey's kiss, and serve.

Wow AVB... now that sounds like a drink.

Just to add a little to this... is there also anything that I can just pour and drink that may fit into this? A buddy told me to try Drambui (Don't have a clue how to spell that so I spelled it as it sounds)?? Too harsh?

Straight Drambuie is usually considered an after dinner aperitif as it is very sweet and very orange. I don't think it will go with a cigar but to each his own.
Did you ever try Irish Creame (Baileys, Carolines etc etc), thst may fit your needs.

Shiba said:

Just to add a little to this... is there also anything that I can just pour and drink that may fit into this? A buddy told me to try Drambui (Don't have a clue how to spell that so I spelled it as it sounds)?? Too harsh?
[snapback]235430[/snapback]​

I recommend a nice Port or Madiera wine. They have a nice raisin flavor that goes very well with cigars -- especially now with the weather turning colder. I'm more of a wine drinker vs. harder liquors.

Try it! You might like! :D

If I want to sweeten up a cigar, I drink root beer (the good stuff like Abita or Henry Weinhards).

If I want to taste just the cigar, but would like something to clense my tastebuds, I drink weak iced tea.

And although you say you don't like straight alcohol, you might give rum a try. I enjoy sipping Ron Zacapa, Zaya, Cruzan and Pyrat. These are not overly strong (the flavors mask alot of the alcohol harshness) and they are all of excellent quality.

AVB said:
The wife likes this with the cherry and I've tried too. Certainly smooths out whatever you're smoking.

Vixen recipe
2 1/2 shots Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
1/2 shot grenadine syrup
1/2 shot Kahlua® coffee liqueur

Pour grenadine and frangelico into an ice-filled cocktail shaker, and shake until frothy. Strain into a chilled martini glass, and slowly add the kahlua. Garnish with a cherry or hershey's kiss, and serve.
[snapback]235407[/snapback]​

AVB... I got the stuff to make this today and just sat down and drank 2 with my smoke. Tasted great... but now I have a serious buzz. :) I was feeling it so much I accidentally inhaled a mouth full and about gagged. Opps. ???

Anyway, thanks for the reccomendation. Good stuff... maybe I will only have 1 next time. :whistling:

This is only about 40 proof but 2 of them you should feel depending on body weight ond tolerence. You have the whole evening to recover :p

Shiba said:
AVB... I got the stuff to make this today and just sat down and drank 2 with my smoke. Tasted great... but now I have a serious buzz. :) I was feeling it so much I accidentally inhaled a mouth full and about gagged. Opps. ???

Anyway, thanks for the reccomendation. Good stuff... maybe I will only have 1 next time. :whistling:
[snapback]235990[/snapback]​

I'm a little late on this thread, but try I Drink dot com. Enter your ingred's that you already have, and let it spit back what you can make with them. Site's been around for years. :D

Just picked up a great port...10 year old Fonseca Tawny...great with a cigar...also found Grand Marnier goes well too...you wouldn't think it does but I enjoy it...adds a slight sweetness to the taste of the cigar and the cigar cuts the sweetness from the Grand Marnier...sorta like a dark chocolate/orange combination...

You could always go with plain old 7&7. Also try Stoli Vanilla and Gingerale; a little sweet for my taste, but good nonetheless.

Enjoy.

AVB said:
Straight Drambuie is usually considered an after dinner aperitif as it is very sweet and very orange. I don't think it will go with a cigar but to each his own.
Did you ever try Irish Creame (Baileys, Carolines etc etc), thst may fit your needs.

Shiba said:

[snapback]235430[/snapback]​
[snapback]235460[/snapback]​

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't drambuie be a "before" dinner apertif? After dinner, generally, would not a digstif be served?

Not at all. The way I understand it is that the very sweet drinks like Cointreau, Grand Marnier etc etc are apertifs because they come before desert. Cognac, brandy, scotch etc etc served after the whole meal is done are digestifs. I could be wrong but that is how I learned it. BTW, it is digestif with an "e" unless you just made a typo.

smokelaw1 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't drambuie be a "before" dinner apertif? After dinner, generally, would not a digstif be served?
[snapback]236953[/snapback]​

marcsheldon said:
what ever happened to the lost art of a good 'ol IBC root beer cream soda?
[snapback]237025[/snapback]​

Add a shot of SoCo to it and we will talk :cool:

A nice old rum would be excellent. Ron Zacapa 15 or 23 year, Barbancourt 8 or 15 year or Appleteon extra or 21 if ytou can find it.

I would recommend a nice 10-20 year old Tawny Port. There are many different brands which all have their own distinct characteristics. Sandeman has hints of orange liquor in it, while Taylor has a more caramel characteristic. Vintage ports are very nice but the good ones are mega bucks and they need decanting and need to be drunk in a few days, where as a nice tawny can last a couple of weeks in the bottle.

Grand Marnier is nice but it is very strong, same proof as most cognacs. I am not big on real strong stuff after dinner either.

Got a bottle of 21 right here, no problem finding it :p

pittesq said:
........ or Appleteon extra or 21 if ytou can find it.
[snapback]237037[/snapback]​