• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Red Dot Surprise

nick

Hey there everyone, well i decided to try a red dot cohiba i picked up the other day on a lark, and i had been reading on several sites about peoples low opinion of dominican versions of several brands, including these (not to be confused with that yellow and black banded dominican something or 'nother cohiba wannabee thingamabob). Actually i was surprised at the quality construction of this smoke, i smoked it while driving with the windows down and wind blowing everywhere, but it kept a perfect burn, and it also lasted to the band without burning hot on me (somthing i rarely even get out of an isom) as for flavor and strength, it has nothing on its isom counterparts, however it was a fairly smooth and pleasing smoke, no distinct flavors, but a nutty/toasty consistency and aftertaste,

I am not an avid cohiba smoker by any means, especially the isom variety, but i doubt these red dot's are deserving of the price tag associated with the name, but all in all i would smoke another,

nick

I like them myself. But I put them in the same catagory as Mac's and Monte's. Consistanly well made, but not worthy of the price tag. I don't know how they can continue selling these with the price tag, but apparently, the name is big enough to carry it.

Emo

Emos right on the money. (except for the monte remark imho) Cohiba Red Dots prices are not realistic with the quality of the cigar you get imho once again.

The EV line is very good and the Cubans, well, they're awesome. I haven't tried the red dot, but if someone would like my opinion on it......send one to me and I'll be happy to oblige! :sign: