• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reddish Ash ..... weird

edng

So I lit up a Monte 1 from 02' last Saturday morning ....... extremely enjoyable smoke

Report Here

I noticed that the first half inch of ash had a distinctly reddish gray hue to it...... I have NEVER seen anything like this before .......it was NOT the tobacco burning amber nor was it my imagination...... I was like staring at it dumbfounded for a good few minutes ...... why was it like that?

Pre-light, the stick look fine without any dyes or colorings that might have accidentally rubbed off on it..... I had it sitting in a long narrow plastic bag for the longest time before taking it out to smoke.

Sorry dont have any photos to share. Educate me please.

ed

They must have used an especially good bud for the "weed" in that one. :laugh:

I had a similiar thing happen with a VR Familiar ('03 or '04 IIRC) several months ago. It was not bright red, more of a cross b/w red and pink. I have no idea what that would say about the leaves used, but it tasted A-ok to me :thumbs:

Maybe our brother Wilkey could help shed some light on this?

The red coloration comes from the cyanide in tainted tobacco. You have about 1 week to live :0