• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Regarding humidor beads and humidipak's

xerais

I know there is a big push for heartfelt industries on this site, and the other cigar sites in general, but I was a bit curious why no one talks about bargainhumidors.com as a viable place to purchase these items. I haven't seen any posts on here about the site, so I wanted to let you guys in on my experience thus far.

I ordered a pound of 65% beads for 16.95, which half the cost of heartfelt and cigaramony. I've purchased items from both those sites before and would definitely recommend them to everyone, so please don't view this post as me being negative toward either retailer in any way. I also grabbed up 20 of the tiny humidipak's, for 89 cents a piece. I love being able to toss one in a ziplock back with the cigars I'm sending out, be it a trade or a 5er I've sold.

I talked to the owner Nick, on the phone when I placed my order, and he could not have been more helpful. In the event my transaction turns out negative, I'll be sure to update this thread with any details.

They are on the scumbag list, but the details aren't really spelled out. I know there has to be a good reason to get on that list. I'm glad you didn't have any problems, but the fact that they're on the list may account for not many people talking about them.

For the record, I've never dealt with them so I have no personal experience. I'm simply relaying information here.

Here's the LIST

"Scumbag List" From the archives reveals:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=15638

Offering no assessment on bargainhumidors, just information. Some of the wise ones here can help with specifics. I don't know anything other than what I posted above.

That being said, I've had fantastic dealings with Heartfelt. Viper emailed me after hours to work an order I had a question on, so he's got my business. Very personal customer service. As far as cheaphumidors, I've spoken to Dave on the phone, and he refered me to another company to take care of me when he couldn't. Another good business practice. I've purchased from him multiple times as well, with absolutely no complaints.

Hope this helps.

Trey

It is interesting that I just ordered some cedar trays from BH and only received half of the items.
I will be giving them a call tomorrow and see how they handle this.

Here's the LIST

"Scumbag List" From the archives reveals:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=15638

Offering no assessment on bargainhumidors, just information. Some of the wise ones here can help with specifics. I don't know anything other than what I posted above.

That being said, I've had fantastic dealings with Heartfelt. Viper emailed me after hours to work an order I had a question on, so he's got my business. Very personal customer service. As far as cheaphumidors, I've spoken to Dave on the phone, and he refered me to another company to take care of me when he couldn't. Another good business practice. I've purchased from him multiple times as well, with absolutely no complaints.

Hope this helps.

Trey
Thanks for the link, Heartfelt has taken care of me so they have my business.

I ordered a blue tube and a hygrometer and they were at my house in three days no problem. Works for me!

<snip>I ordered a pound of 65% beads for 16.95, which half the cost of heartfelt and cigaramony. <snip>
I'm not convinced those are the same quality of beads as the other two places sell. I have a pretty good idea which kind Cigarmony uses from performance data Mark has posted elsewhere, and I am guessing that Heartfelt uses the same kind. Of course, whether you need the additional performance is another question, of course.

<snip>I ordered a pound of 65% beads for 16.95, which half the cost of heartfelt and cigaramony. <snip>
I'm not convinced those are the same quality of beads as the other two places sell. I have a pretty good idea which kind Cigarmony uses from performance data Mark has posted elsewhere, and I am guessing that Heartfelt uses the same kind. Of course, whether you need the additional performance is another question, of course.

i agree