• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reply from my Congressman

Maggs44

I did get a snail mail reply, but it was obvious he didn't read my email. He doesn't mention the cigar tax at all, and I never brought up the poor etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your communication regarding the federal cigarette excise tax. I appreciate the opportunity to learn of your views.

Like you, I agree that the cigarette excise tax is unfairly regressive and disproportionately affects the poor and those who live on fixed incomes. The federal government already taxes and spends too much of workers' hard-earned money. You will be pleased to learn that I oppose all tax increases. Rather than rushing to further burden American taxpayers, Congress should control its purse strings.

Thanks again for contacting me.
Sincerely,
F. JAMES SENSENBRENNER, JR. Member of Congress (Republican)

I always find it refreshing to know how responsive and attentative our congresssional representatives are. :whistling: And did I mention honest? :rolleyes:

I emailed both TX Senators, the only one to reply was Kay Baily Hutchinson, with a canned response stating she was FOR the bill. I then sent her a stronger letter telling her that she had lost my vote and confidence....no reply to date...

Tim