• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Retail Tobacco License

No but I really would like to get one just for all the damn box splits I do!!! :D

I found the application for a tobacco license for Florida on Yahoo! Type in tobacco licenses and your state and it should give you a list of stuff

I have wondered this myself, would that be all you need to start ordering Anejo from the fuente's?

Or do you gotta have a whole store set up?

Roseysman said:
One mans store is another mans web sight ;)
That is what I was thinking.......

and now I am thinking about it even more

($&*^(@$#*^@$%(*^&@ this place!!!!!!!!!!

Phil said:
..... would that be all you need to start ordering Anejo from the fuente's?
Don't get your hopes up...... after getting all the licenses and stuff for your state you must then get the tobacco companies to give you an account. That in itself is no easy task from what I've heard. Its pretty safe to say that a Fuente account will be out of the question since there are many long time established shops that are still trying to get one.

Kenny is correct. Also...not every fuente account even gets Anejo or Opus X. It all goes back to what Kenny said about "established shops". The volume you move and the "box frontage" you have in your store all play apart. Your sales of other fuente produced cigars play a roll also. And all of that is really irrelevant...because you're NOT getting an account.LMAO. :)

FYI- All information above came from the regional fuente rep here. :p

Fuente has this racket down to a science don't they?

Based on all the bull$hit, it makes me less and less inclined to go anywhere near any of their cigars.

Their products are NOT that good and they ask WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much money for Dominican cigars.

Havanas are much less expensive.......

The guy I know here who has a good local distribution business doesn't even know what Fuente will ship him on a monthly basis. He just takes what he can get. Which really sucks if you ask me and I love their product.

Fuente has a rotation in their computers for all the stores across the country. You never know what you're getting. Also how much of their other products you sell (Montesino, Cuesta-Rey, etc.) determines how much of the rare stuff you get (Short Story, WOAM, or any of the Hemingway line).
Opus is under their own "special" account. They have to authorize you as an Opus X dealer, according to your total sales and how you move their products. This sucks for us who one day want to own a shop of some sort!

tobacco lic is easy to get..
just go to your states page... whatever state.gov and you will find the applications for your sales tax permit and Tobacco license. they are not that expensive.

Some accounts are easy to get.. some tougher.. but the all mighty $ speaks best.
order big enough and just about anybody will open you up an account.

JCnewman / Fuente.. basicly diamond crown on the west, opus on the east..
( some exeptions)

Mmm... Padrons are the best company to get with.. we love those cigars!
most of the good guys, Alec Bradley, Carlos Torano, Altidas, General, not much of a problem as long as you have a store front.

Some venders are crooks, watch out for those guys... :angry:

Most are Honest Hardworking guys Like us.

Why do you need a store front? Why can't you create a website and sell them over the internet?

coventrycat86 said:
I'm considering a complete ISOM conversion :D

But, someone has to come out with a cigar that I must have, i.e. BTL, PAM, & worst of all is moki's "Padrón Millennium" :0

never smoked a fuente(tho i do have an opus x in my humi).figgered i better say that.

fuente kind of reminds me of the episode of seinfeld with the "soup nazi".

derrek :)

coventrycat86 said:
Fuente has this racket down to a science don't they?

Based on all the bull$hit, it makes me less and less inclined to go anywhere near any of their cigars.

Their products are NOT that good and they ask WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much money for Dominican cigars.

Now, wait a second CC. I do not normally defend Fuente, but do you think it is right that they undercut a retailer they have a 15 or 20 year relationship with in order to permit one of us yahoos to buy cigars, for our own purposes, at wholesale prices?

Come on guys, let's be real. :( I know it's difficult, but let's remember that this is still a capitalist economic system, and I for one, make no apologies. :)

BACCHUS said:
..... do you think it is right that they undercut a retailer they have a 15 or 20 year relationship with in order to permit one of us yahoos to buy cigars, for our own purposes, at wholesale prices?

Come on guys, let's be real. :( I know it's difficult, but let's remember that this is still a capitalist economic system, and I for one, make no apologies. :)
There it is!!!