• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Retailers Advice Needed...

Tenpin

As some of you know, I am fairly new to this business (opened in September), and I'm looking for some advice from other retailers here....
I am located in an area with several Country Clubs and am planning to start marketing to them as outside sales.
I plan to offer a loaner display humi for their (my) inventory and am looking for the proper way to price, both to them, and their customers.
Can some of you lend some insight as to your methodology when dealing with country clubs, resturants and such?
-Do you sell the cigars to them, or do you consign?
-How much of a discount do you typically give them?
-Do you price them for their sale, or should that be up to them?
Please reply to this via PM, or give me a call at 678-867-2886.

Thanks!

Jim

I would give them your product on consignment.

That way, when they give them back to you after a 6 months of not trying to sell them, paying no attention to them, and letting them go to ruin, they won't have any hard feelings.

I think the usual set-up for something like this is "You pay only for the cigars". Then (and really only then) they have an incentive to sell.

As some of you know, I am fairly new to this business (opened in September), and I'm looking for some advice from other retailers here....
I am located in an area with several Country Clubs and am planning to start marketing to them as outside sales.
I plan to offer a loaner display humi for their (my) inventory and am looking for the proper way to price, both to them, and their customers.
Can some of you lend some insight as to your methodology when dealing with country clubs, resturants and such?

-Do you sell the cigars to them, or do you consign?
i sell them. that way i dont eat the cigars that are stolen....and they will get stolen.
-How much of a discount do you typically give them?
10-20% depending on what and how much they are buying.
-Do you price them for their sale, or should that be up to them?
i give them suggestions, but leave it up to them.

something else i do is trade out green fees for the cigars. then i use the green fees for drawings and raffles for my customers.

Please reply to this via PM oops!, or give me a call at 678-867-2886.

Thanks!

Jim