• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Return of Mac's Malts, birthday edition

PaulMac

Hi all, sorry it been so long since I done a review, but between quitting my job of 9 years, moving, and registering for school, things been a bit hectic lol.
They gonna be hectic for a couple more weeks, then I should be back to an even more regular schedule than before, since I will have more free time.

Anywho, this past Wednesday August 11th, being my birthday, I decided to break out something a little special...so for starters don't expect a price, because ya can't get this lol.

This is a special bottling of Ardbeg, done by Douglas Laing in the Old Malt Cask series for the PLOWED society. It was distilled in October of 1972 (the year of my birth whoo hoo) and bottled in November of 2001 making it 29 yrs old. It was bottled at 48.4% ABV and only 227 bottles were produced. This bottling is known as "The Ardbeggeddon" and I was gifted enough of this to try for my birthday by a friend I know from a scotch chat room I frequent.

geddon.jpg

arbegeddonlabel.jpg

Color is a deep rich gold, looks promising. Upon putting nose to glass, I know I have reached nirvana, it is rich and oily, very peaty and concentrated, quite simply incredible. And then I tasted it. Wow. What more need be said, it is simply indescribable, flavor jumps upon flavor upon flavor. Waves of Iodine, peat, lime, grassiness, with an oily, coating mouthfeel, and hints of fruits and sherry. The finish offered fading hints of all those flavors, with sea salt hints and was very dry. Overall, this is simply the best Ardbeg I have ever had, and Ardbeg is one of my favorite distilleries, it is full on and in your face, and if you ever have an opportunity to just try it, I would jump at it in a second.

Slainte!!!

PaulMac

Pretty hard stuff to get ahold of but one did sell last month for £270 ($500, $550 with commission). I've never had the pleasure of The Ardbeggeddon but I have had some Ardbeg Lord of the Isles 25 yo so I can imagine how good yours was. Lucky Bastard! :p :p

wait til the next few reviews lol, I prolly stick some attainable stuff in there, but my buddy hooked me up for birthday so I gonna review ALL of them, since it gives people something to aim for

PaulMac