• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Return of the Newbie Review

SamGuss

As I looked through my humidor this morning for an accompanying cigar to watch the extended version of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, my eyes lit upon the handsomely dark wrapper and gold band of a Bolivar - domestic. Having smoked one of ISOM variety a few months back I was looking forward to trying the domestic version and kept it hidden in the bottom of my humidor for the last 4-5 months.

The dark maduro wrapper of the cigar sang to me of taste and I was not disappointed. It lit and burned well and evenly with tastes of unsweetened dark chocalate fresh, dry coffee beans and a hint of dark sweetness this was a flavorable cigar.

Plenty of smoke volume and a sweet tobacco scent this cigar was slow buring and took about an hour to smoke to completion with consitant taste throughout this between medium and full bodied cigar.

I rated this cigar at an 89-90 out of 100 and will surely end up with a few more of these in my humidor soon.

Until later my friends,

Sam

Nice review Sam! Sounds like a Bolivar Fuerte Oscuro.... mmmmmmm!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks Wade!

I received this cigar a few months back and other than the band had nothing to go on - thanks for clarifying it for me!

Sam

Good to see the reviews back :D Smoked my last one of those a couple of days ago, nice sticks. Will have to order a box after Xmas as the wife hid the plastic till then. :0

Wascal

Wascal said:
Good to see the reviews back :D Smoked my last one of those a couple of days ago, nice sticks. Will have to order a box after Xmas as the wife hid the plastic till then. :0

Wascal
I hear ya bro,

I have been under a self-imposed/survival buying freeze for the last 2 months and am hoping to unfreeze it here in time for Christmas myself LOL.

Sam