• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review - "Arganese" ML3

LedZep

Good Evening Fellow BOTL's..

I hope you all are having a good week so far, I am fully recovered from my H1N1 Flu drama and have been enjoying some cigars again since the weekend.
I thought I would do another review of a stick I purchased on a "Monster" Deal that was taking place on Halloween. I am a still finding myself to be a Maduro Fan vs. other lighter wraps.
I enjoy some others as well, But Maduros seem to be sturdier and the taste of the darker wrap consistantly seems to be what I keep going too.
This is the first of the Argenese Brand I have tried.
These sticks usually sell for about $4-6 each, I impulse purchased a 5-pack for $12... with free shipping. I figured I couldn't go wrong..

After smoking it today, I believe I didn'y go wrong at all. I really wish I had bought some more at that price.

Ok, On to the review... The pics **

gallery_10867_1257_52742.jpg

1) Construction - Very Nicely built, A shiny, oily wrapper with a few veins.. It felt sturdy and heavy in my hand. I was eager to get this started.

2) This cigar smelled very nice out of the wrap.. A Nice tobacco and earthy scent to it..I cut just the cap off and toasted the foot.
It lit very easily and evenly , needed no touch-ups and drew very easily and smooth throughout the smoking of it.
What a pleasure of a draw on this smoke. :thumbs:

3) Taste-

1/3rd - Very, Very tasty. A Noticable hint of a sweet spice and a touch of pepper. a little like Nutmeg or cinnamon , a rich tobacco taste and great blast of these flavors came through my nose...
It produced a Dense smoke and alot of it.

2/3rd - A bit of cocoa, coffee and a pleasant hint of a woody earth was noticable, The spice mellowed a bit and was ever so enjoyable.. VERY Smooth. It smelled great and tasted delicious.
I was liking this cigar alot. I kept partially exhaling some of it through my mouth and the majority out the nose, It never got too hot. I was thinking to myself...
" Damnit ! you should have bought more at that price.." :whistling:

3/3rd - A very smooth and cool smoke, Great tasting and a touch of something like charcoal was present. The still present cocoa and coffee hints all mixed nicely and the finish was long .
All I could ask for. GREAT. :cool:

The Nub - I smoked it until it was about the same size as the band I took off earlier, When It got too hot to handle, I regretfully set it down... This was a very nice 1hr and 5 mins.. Well spent.

The Ash - Well organized with lines and dots .. holding tight... until a tapped it off.

I would rate this particular cigar as "Excellent" . It was much better then I had expected, and I will definitely buy more of these.

This had a very nice complexity to it and the flavors all worked very well together.
I read about this cigar and the larger quantity of "Ligero" tobacco supposedly used in the filler, Perhaps that type of tobacco defines some of the taste I am looking for in my cigars.
This certainly is a cigar I would put on my "goto" list for flavors and overall enjoyment of this type of smoke.

If you are into the tastes and experience I have described. Give one of these nice sticks a try.. You will NOT be disappointed.

I think my next review will be of a RP- Cuban Blend Maduro.. Tomorrow perhaps. :)

As always, I really welcome your feedback, opinions and comments.

Thanks for reading.

Led

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I've smoked the Arganese Ambassador in natural, maduro, and barber pole wrappers before. They are all decent cigars at a very reasonable price. I've never smoked on of those however, I will have to keep on the look out for one.