• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review - Carlos Torano Exodus 1959

LedZep

What's Up Folks :)

I hope you all had an enjoyable week. It's Friday, The weekend is upon us and I am in for some crappy weather here..
I guess I'll be burning a few in my garage over the next few days since my man cave is still in progress. Sometime over the weekend, I am going looking for a nice and powerful window exhaust fan as my first purchase of this project, So I can at least fire one up while It remains a work in progress. :rolleyes:

It isn't that bad hanging out in my garage..
I have fond memories of the events and good times while looking at my classic rock poster collection.. (One of my favs is pictured below)

My wife coerced me to move these to the garage shortly after we purchased our first home about 11 years ago. They are still hanging up there and will eventually be part of my Man Caves decor, along with all of my other cool stuff she slowly and methodically moved out there over time.. IE; My Fly tying stuff and books. )

I bought this stick as a single about a week ago as I looking over my local shops selection, I remembered the Torano Virtuoso I smoked a while back was pretty good.
I think I paid about $6-7 for this stick..
Don't know if that is a good deal or not ( Not that it matters If I am out enjoying myself somewhere.. That is why I get up and go to work everyday ) .. But I sorta feel obligated to by a few sticks when I go in since I tend to sit there and enjoy one with the fellas there while drinking the complimentary beverages they provide. Not to mention that right outside the window is basically an EYECANDY freeway.. It seems a few doors down is a popular hangout for enumerous scantily clad college chicks..

Hmm. I wonder if that place is Cigar friendly.. Well, I will only wonder.. It may be cigar friendly.. But it definitely would not be WIFE friendly..)

OK, back to the newb review part of this post.. LOL

gallery_10867_1257_87240.jpg

1) Construction - Very Nice.. A beautiful wrap with hardly no noticable veins. This cigar smelled great right out of the cellophane, Sorta of earthy and a slight scent of cocoa..
I was excited after the first smell to get this thing started.

2) I took about 2cm of the top point off with my cutter and toasted the foot.. It easily Lit and burned very evenly all the way through.
This smoke drew very easily, with little to no effort.
The first few puffs had feint hints of cocoa, cream and earth.

3) Taste-
1/3rd - Very, Very, smooth.. cool and hints of cocoa, light coffee and a pleasant earthy scent. This Tasted very Good and smelled great as well..

2/3rd - Dense, Very Creamy smoke.. a Rich and not too complex taste of cocoa, nuts, and a nice spiciness started to come in play. This was simply tasting delicious. evrything blended together and none of them overpowered the other.

3/3rd - Still very delicious, a little more white pepper and pleasant bit of leather was around along with a nice mix of the other flavors I had experienced earlier.

The Nub- Perfect closure to an excellent cigar. I kept it burning until It simply was to hot to handle.

Conclusion-
This cigar will go in my log as a definite future purchase.. It was very enjoyable and has made me a fan of the Torano label.

Like I had mentioned earlier, This might have been my third or forth try at a C. Torano stick.. They have all been very good so far and I imagine other Torano smokes would be equally as good.
( Only one way to find out .. :whistling: )

I have a Silver Edition of this stick in my box, I think I will burn later in the week..

Thanks for taking a minute to read my newbie review, Please feel free to add a comment, suggestion or your opinion of the Carlos Torano brand.

BTW.
( I purchased my first "NUB" Maduro yesterday.. I am eager to see what the sweet spot hype / marketing ploy with these things are. That should probably be my next review )

Have a Great Weekend folks, and I'll post again shortly..

Led.

Excellent review. I've only had one of these before, but enjoyed it very much as well :cool:

Great review and pictures! :thumbs: I've had only a few Carlos Toranos so far, but those I have had have been good smokes. :)

Thanks for the review. I really enjoy the 1959 line. They can be had much cheaper by the box, which makes them quite the value for me. I have to get another box soon.

Ken