• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review Coming......

toliver

Its been about a week or so since I got the sample pack for danscigars. I tried on of the small chocolate minis......and did not like it at all......gave them to a couple of my employees. The others have been resting in the humi at 67% RH and now need addressing.

I am planning on trying the Cubanito tonight. Tomorrow I will give my thoughts on it. They are listed on his website for $23.73 for 25 sticks.

TOliver

EDIT: Review Below

I got one of these too. I agree the Chocolate minis I did not like. I also got a MOJO that I tossed I am not sure what flav. it was but the smell did not agree with me. I will also be posting some reviews soon on the other sticks I receved.

They sell all these cigars at 7-11, in thier new cheesy humidors. They have one called a 'cubanito' and 'Tesoro'. They must be getting it from the same place D&S gets thier's from. I had the Tesoro a month ago and it was pure crap!

Upon taking the celo off, the Cubanito looked good. No major veins, the texture and firmness seemed okay also. The pre-light aroma was good. The pre-light draw was mediocre, not as good as I like, but not bad enough to scare me away.

After lighting up, I quickly realized that the draw was to be a problem. I felt like I was having to work way to hard to get any enjoyment or even to keep it lit. I forged on...

The first inch burned evenly, but after that problems began. About half way through, I had to make major adustments to get it back to even. Even after the adjustments, the uneveness continued.

As far as taste, the first third of the smoke was very mild. Almost to the point of being tastelss. The middle third improved a little, but was mild at best. The taste was still being overshadowed by the burn and draw problems. The final third finished about the same as the middle third. With about an inch and a half left, it burnd out. I was not able to keep it going.

Over all, I was not very impressed. Too much work, burn issues and lack of flavor. I could not reccomend this one at all. I will continue with the reviwes as the week continues.

Thanks for the smokes

TOliver

Last night I decided to smoke the Colita that I received from dandscigars. I was too afraid the try the other ones.

Before lighting up, I examined the cigar and found it to look good. No major veins, good color, good texture and good aroma. I cut the end and the pre-light draw seemed okay.

I fired it up and I have to say that I don't have any complaints. It burned even, the draw was a little tight, but not enough to cause a problem. You could tell it was not a premium cigar, but was not a bad smoke. It was what I would consider to be a mild smoke, but it got better in the last third of the cigar. It did have a twinge of a weird taste, but all in all, it was okay. On his webstie, they are listed at $54 for 50 sticks.

This is not a cigar that I would light up during my prime smoking time, but would smoke it while I was cutting grass, working on the house, etc. This is also a cigar that I would give to my friends who are not smokers, but want a cigar to fire up.

I would consider changing the name of these. I think that the name will hurt the marketing of these.

Thanks for the Smokes Dan!!

I will follow up with the others soon.

TOliver

After reading about D&S, I would check these for beetles

Hey Ya'll,
I'm new here but I'm a long time reader. I actually placed an order from D&S Cigars a few weeks ago(I actually placed another one last week too). I actually have to disagree with ya'll. I was actually quite suprised from these cigars. I've been a smoker for over 8 years and I've kinda gotten bored from the same old cigars. I was blow away by there 'mojo' line. I really enjoyed this strong flavored cigar(I'm actually not a fan of flavored cigars so I was a bit suprised) I also purcahsed their 'Fuma Dominicana Especial' and 'Cubanito'. I actually fell in love with the 'Cubanito's' smoothness. I really liked this smoke. It was smooth and long lasting. I tried a 'Fuma' yesterday. It wasn't bad. It actually has the best construction out of all them. However it was a bit too strong for me. If you're into strong cigars I suggest you try them out. Ohh, D&S sent me a free 'colita' chocolate tin box with the first order. I must admit I'm not a fan of flavored cigars, but this one got to me. I went ahead and purchased their "SweeTeez" last week and a Mojo Incense Pack, I tried a stick yesterday of the sweeteez.....let me just say I was not disapointed. I'm really intreaged by their flavor cigars, they seem to have gotten it right. Ohh one last thing, I really think you guys should take a look at their 'Mojo' Incense pack. It's actually a great idea. It comes in a really nice bamboo pack with incense and an incense holder. It's great to light up while your smokeing(keeps the wife from yelling at me :D ) Well hope this helped, I look forward to beeing a member of this board.

SlickNYC said:
Hey Ya'll,
I'm new here but I'm a long time reader. I actually placed an order from D&S Cigars a few weeks ago(I actually placed another one last week too). I actually have to disagree with ya'll. I was actually quite suprised from these cigars. I've been a smoker for over 8 years and I've kinda gotten bored from the same old cigars. I was blow away by there 'mojo' line. I really enjoyed this strong flavored cigar(I'm actually not a fan of flavored cigars so I was a bit suprised) I also purcahsed their 'Fuma Dominicana Especial' and 'Cubanito'. I actually fell in love with the 'Cubanito's' smoothness. I really liked this smoke. It was smooth and long lasting. I tried a 'Fuma' yesterday. It wasn't bad. It actually has the best construction out of all them. However it was a bit too strong for me. If you're into strong cigars I suggest you try them out. Ohh, D&S sent me a free 'colita' chocolate tin box with the first order. I must admit I'm not a fan of flavored cigars, but this one got to me. I went ahead and purchased their "SweeTeez" last week and a Mojo Incense Pack, I tried a stick yesterday of the sweeteez.....let me just say I was not disapointed. I'm really intreaged by their flavor cigars, they seem to have gotten it right. Ohh one last thing, I really think you guys should take a look at their 'Mojo' Incense pack. It's actually a great idea. It comes in a really nice bamboo pack with incense and an incense holder. It's great to light up while your smokeing(keeps the wife from yelling at me :D ) Well hope this helped, I look forward to beeing a member of this board.
[snapback]212245[/snapback]​

Why not save the money on shipping and go into your local 7-11. They have all the dog rockets you mentioned (yes i've tried), and even the little package of incense with the wooden holder. :p

SlickNYC said:
everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i personally enjoyed them.
[snapback]212250[/snapback]​

Let me ask you a question? What brought you to buy all these cigars you mentioned from D & S? Was it the reviews you've seen ALL over this website? So far, based on what I've read on this forum, there are no good reviews. So why would I order them, and so many?

So that tells me that either you don't know anything about cigars or you work for D & S or maybe your just a friend. If your "tired of the same old cigars", I can't imagine what you where smoking before these. That is my own opinion. ;)

Sorry if I offended you or something, I'm not telling you to buy anything either. I was just reading the reviews and wanted to share mine. I read about D&S cigars from this forum a few weeks back, the reason I purchased was their low prices. I dont have any connection with them other than just buying from them. I dont think it's cool that your accusing me of that, I was just reading through the forums and found that i could write something about this topic.

Don't be so hard on SlickNYC.

As I have said in the past . . . as with all things related to the palate tastes will vary greatly. Just because I like Pabst Blue Ribbon and you enjoy a hearty micro-brew, or you like Gallo wines and I prefer a $40+ bottle of Merlot makes neither of us more "knowledgeable about beer or wine. Same is true for cigars.

I have tried some "bad" cigars that were supposed to be great and vice versa. Just because SlickNYC happens to like the D&S smokes makes him no more or less a BOTL here and I applaud him for standing up and stating his opinion so boldly.

Just because someone likes cheaper cigars does not mean that he does not know anything about cigars. Many factors, including personal taste and finances, may affect ones decisions on what to buy but do not necessarily reflect ones "knowlwedge" about cigars.

My advice to SlickNYC is to remain open to all of the different smokes out there. It is likely that your palate will change with time and you may (though nothing is certain) come to find that the cigars at the lower end of the line may not satisfy you later. I have only been smoking cigars since January and find that some of the ones I liked then (milder smokes) no longer do it for me.

Personally, after the first D&S smoke (Cubanita) I had I do not hold out much hope for the rest . . . however I will try to sample them with an open mind nonetheless.

JAEwing said:
Don't be so hard on SlickNYC.

As I have said in the past . . . as with all things related to the palate tastes will vary greatly. Just because I like Pabst Blue Ribbon and you enjoy a hearty micro-brew, or you like Gallo wines and I prefer a $40+ bottle of Merlot makes neither of us more "knowledgeable about beer or wine. Same is true for cigars.

Merlot? are you crazy? JK :p

I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just saying that every review has been negative from different people. In your post, EVERY cigar was positive. Who's review would you believe? Even if I hadn't tried one, I would go by the majority. Put yourself in my place. People are saying they can't even finish one of these cigars and your 1st post to CP is about how good ALL of them are. Not even saying "this was good, this one sucked". Also, you said you disagree with all of us, I'm just disagreeing with your review. It's not to offend you.

JAEwing - Posted Today, 02:18 PM
My advice to SlickNYC is to remain open to all of the different smokes out there. It is likely that your palate will change with time and you may (though nothing is certain) come to find that the cigars at the lower end of the line may not satisfy you later. I have only been smoking cigars since January and find that some of the ones I liked then (milder smokes) no longer do it for me.

He mentioned he's been smoking for 8 years. If he likes these after 8 years his palate must be shot! Or he's been smoking Phillies. :laugh:

Edited: Oh, and I like Pabst AND Merlot.

lol, okay. I didn't come here to fight. If you hate the cigars go ahead, but I personally liked them, we agree to disagree. By the way, I've always thought that once peference in cigars has completely to do with taste. Eveyone has their own taste. Just because yours is different than mine doesnt make your better.
P.S. I suggesst you work on your 'welcoming' skills, some people might mistake you for 'rude'.

SlickNYC said:
lol, okay. I didn't come here to fight. If you hate the cigars go ahead, but I personally liked them, we agree to disagree.
P.S. I suggest you work on your 'welcoming' skills, some people might mistake you for 'rude'.
[snapback]212336[/snapback]​

Hmmm...since you were enamored enough by these D&S cigars to use your first posts on two different cigar forums to do a rave review of this line, some may mistake you for a "shill." :whistling:

MilesMingusMonk said:
SlickNYC said:
lol, okay. I didn't come here to fight. If you hate the cigars go ahead, but I personally liked them, we agree to disagree.
P.S. I suggest you work on your 'welcoming' skills, some people might mistake you for 'rude'.
[snapback]212336[/snapback]​

Hmmm...since you were enamored enough by these D&S cigars to use your first posts on two different cigar forums to do a rave review of this line, some may mistake you for a "shill." :whistling:
[snapback]212338[/snapback]​

Oh ****! :0 You're busted!

Well, if you're genuine, welcome, and feel free to post about yourself (in an intro thread), where you're from (I know it's obvious from your name), and what other types and makes of cigars you enjoy.

It's too bad folks don't seem to be enjoying these cigars. It was a great gesture on D&S's part to offer some up for free. And that beetles thing is really unfortunate!

My name is Nick, and I live in Soho, New York. I'm 29......Are Ya'll Happy Now? I guess I picked a touchy subject with these cigars.......bad first topic i guess

at the risk of bringing down the "wrath of the house" on me, I tend to agree with Slick. It sounds to me like he was voicing his opinion. To immediately jump in and slam his "taste" and his ratings of cigars you personally despise seems to smack of "rudeness" to me, as well.
It's sort of like asking someone what he thinks about a topic, and then arguing about it. If you ask someone's opinion, accept it graciously, even if you disagree.
I sorta thought that's what this part of the forum was all about... talking about cigars, and giving opinions?
If all this has become is "I smoked this 15 dollar cigar, and it really ROCKS" kind of a place, then what good is it? Most folks EXPECT the 15-20 dollar cigars to be good. It's finding the rare CHEAP good one.. the "sleepers" that makes this fun.
I happen to have a favorite daily cigar that is an 80 cent Nic. And it's pretty wonderful. (don't tell anyone it's a (gasp) MIXED FILLER) ;)