• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: Don Carlos 30th Aniversario Toro

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
OK...the day started off like any other...had to take a long drive to Victorville for business and thought to myself, "Oh yah, Alan lives out here...hmmm, I wonder if he is home?" So I call the Anejore himself...yes, he is home and waiting for me to stop by!

I pull up to Alan's home with him sitting out in the front smoking an RyJ cigarette...

I walk to him with a big hand shake and a smile...

We chat for a while with my mind only on one thing..."I want to see the walk-in!!!"

As we proceed through his stuffed-head decorated house, talking about nothing but bull-shit, we end up at the door to his pride and joy! Nirvana...

(No pictures please!)

This guy has the best stocked walk-in I have ever scene. No insult to the others on this board with huge humidors...Moki, Master, etc., but this thing is spectacular! 68% and 68 degrees! More contraband and Opus X boxes than Holts! WOW!!!

As were are looking through his stash...he points out the numerous blessings that he has collected and we end up on this...the boxes of Don Carlos 30th Aniversario cigars. He knew I wanted one...so he hands me one!

Don Carlos 30th Aniversario Toro.

Beautiful wrapper...a well aged Opus X rosado wrapper! WOW!

Took a long sniff at the foot...Opus? Don Carlos? Anejo? Can't pick it out...don't care! Smells wonderfull and I can't wait to slice the cap and light this beauty.

Used the Davidoff double to open her up.

Great draw before the light.

Blazer a-blazin...lit right up with no worries.

Oh my God! Such a fantastic rush of spice and tobacco...well aged and smooth...nothing harsh, just wonderful full-flavored gobs of smoke.
About 1.5 inches into this thing, the Opus X flavors started to emerge, but with a tange of sweetness somewhat remeniscent of the Don Carlos #2. At this point the cigar just mellowed out into what has got to be the most enjoyable smoking experience that I have had in a long time. This is truelly the best of what Fuente has ever come out with. There were slight flavor changes that took place as the cigar burned ever closer to the end. These changes were subtle and smooth, without ever being harsh or in-your-face. This cigar has been blended with the intent of delivering a polished
and richly refined experience that only a hand-full of people were meant to experience.

And I am one of them!

Not that I am really worthy...I just know people that can get this level of perfection. His name is Alan Tuck...and his address is...

Kidding!

I have been blessed with this experience...thank you Alan!

-Fetter

That's good stuff right there fellas!!!
Sounds like a helluva time, and a helluva smoke!!! :thumbs:

excellent. I just picked up the orders for the guys in the split.

Decided what the hell might as well pick one up.

Can't wait to light one up. :thumbs:

Enjoyed your story and oh, thank for the review as well :D

Somewhere I posted that I could not remember the taste and after reading that others had enjoyed these smokes,
I re-visited one several days ago and found an excellent smoke. Not sure what I was concentrating on when I smoked
my first two. Maybe a lesson here is to be totally relaxed listening to the cigar rather than thoughts of hassles.

Brian

This guy has the best stocked walk-in I have ever scene. No insult to the others on this board with huge humidors...Moki, Master, etc., but this thing is spectacular! 68% and 68 degrees! More contraband and Opus X boxes than Holts! WOW!!!

The temp always stays between 61F - 65F. And I don't think that Holts has ANY Opus. That's what they always tell me anyway. But I guess I do have a lot of Opus boxes, too bad they are not all filled with Opus! :laugh:

NICE review Fetter! I knew that you would like that cigar. It was good to hang out with a good BOTL and smoke some nice cigars. I had a Taboada Double Torpedo. See ya next time man.