• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: HdM Epicure 2

Joachim

4019121319_5aeaa42247.jpg

Cigar: Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No.2
Texture: Firm with some give in the wrapper
Color and Appearance: Nice and oily brown wrapper
Size: Robusto 4,8" x 50
Strenght: Light-medium
Cutter: Xikar
Lighter: Cedar cigar matches
Drink: Water
Draw: Perfect

1/3:

4019097563_544c3be19a.jpg

It was such a nice day here today,so I went out on the porch to enjoy a smoke.
I lit up the HdM Epicure 2. The draw is perfect, and the ash is light grey and holds on for an inch before I tap it of.
The cigar starts of with a medium strenght, and is very pleasant on the palate. It gives a lot of thick smoke with every puff. The flavours are coffee, chocolate, nuts and it`s a little spicy, it has a sweet aroma with a very creamy taste.
The sun went behind the neighbours trees after 20min of smoking, so I jumped in the car and drove down to the oslo-fjord to enjoy the rest of this great stick.

2/3:

4019868392_bcb65c5624.jpg

The flavours fade in and out in the second third, with flavours of cinnamon, coffee, wood and dried fruit. There is also a very nice honest tobacco flavour there. The burn is great, and the stick does not get varm at all. I find the second third to be a little milder then the first.

3/3:

4019112881_89b7e8d29c.jpg

The last third is really good. It has very nice earthy flavours and towards the end it picks up a nice smooth leather taste.
The finish picks up some strength, but it stays smooth and never gets harsh.

Conclusion:
This cigar is just great, infact I love everything about it. The Hoyo De Montorrey line of cigars is IMO the cuban line that gives you the best value for the money. The Epicure No.2 is a complex smoke with a very good flavour and aroma. It gives you that great cuban taste, without getting to strong and overpowering. A humidor is not complete without a box of these in it.
Rating:94

My fovourite smoking place:

4020049786_96c4e9fb0e.jpg

Excellent review.

I also love these smokes... great for when I want a flavorful smoke that won't bludgeon me over the head with strength.

Dang dude. What a view you have there. I am guessing that is a lake? Which one is it?

Dang dude. What a view you have there. I am guessing that is a lake? Which one is it?
It`s the oslo-fjord, the city is just to the right of where the photo ends. I can actually see the new opera building from there, so it`s a nice view with a little bit of everything.

If you look at the photo of the opera house, then the smoking spot is on the right side, where the white building (restaurant)is:

out-board-image-oslo-opera-house.jpg

It`s the oslo-fjord, the city is just to the right of where the photo ends. I can actually see the new opera building from there, so it`s a nice view with a little bit of everything.

If you look at the photo of the opera house, then the smoking spot is directly under the sun:

Doesn't it get too hot? :laugh: :sign:

Those are some beautiful photographs for sure. Thanks for sharing. I've been to Arizona a couple of times myself.

Great smoke, had the fortune of receiving a 5 pack last year in December, Each one was well rounded, great flavors, coffee, spice, slight sweet aroma, cocoa flavor, absolutely awesome. That second band looks sharp.

I just had one of these two nights ago, and I was blown away by how spicy it was, while still being smooth and not-too powerful. Nice job on the description!