• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: My Father #2

elderboy02

Date: 4/17/10

Cigar: My Father #2 (5.5 x 54)

Cost: Don't remember

Drink: Orange Crush

Appearance: This has a habano rosado wrapper on it. The wrapper is flawless. It has one of the best bands I have ever seen on a cigar. The appearance gets a 10/10

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Pre-Light: The cigar smells great. The smell is very floral and sweet. I didn't pick up much flavor on the pre-light.

Construction: Held an average ash. The draw was perfect.

Taste of the cigar: The first 1/4" has a strong cedar/wood taste to it. About 1" in, the flavor is cedar/wood as well as some coffee flavors. The cedar/wood/coffee flavor remained throughout the rest of the cigar.

IMG_0493.jpg

Strength: This is a medium bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was pretty average to me. It was pretty one-dimensional. I like the lancero size better because it is more complex and you can really pick up the wrapper flavors. I give this cigar a 7/10.

I agree with you completely when you say that you prefer the lancero size in this blend. The 1922, however, is astounding. :thumbs:

I guess that means I have to go find a 1922 and do a taste test. Well, OK, I'll do just that as I don't want CR to get to ahead of my learning curve. Nice photos.

Another vote for the 1922 blend. Got two boxes of same in the cabinet......
cool.gif

I guess that means I have to go find a 1922 and do a taste test. Well, OK, I'll do just that as I don't want CR to get to ahead of my learning curve. Nice photos.

I'll help you out with that, Ed. I'll send it out this week when I have a moment.

This blend has been very confusing to me. I bought a box of Lancero and #2 when they first hit the streets. The flavors were all over the place from cigar to cigar, never tasting the same. I am totally serious when I say I suffered throught the bulk of them, saving about 10 lanceros to age a year. I figured the thin RG would age quicker. I smoked a couple about a month ago, and it had improved greatly.

Guess I should pick up a fiver of the 1922 you guys are praising.