• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review of Padrón 1964 Exclusivo maduro & natural

moki

el Presidente
This is a review a friend of mine wrote after I sent him a couple of Padrón 1964's. Thought you might enjoy it, so I'm reposting it here, with permission:

Well, andrew sent me two cigars just today. The Padron 1964 Exclusivo Natural and Maduro.

I got home from work and the UPS box was sitting in front of my apartment door. I got inside, cracked open the box and was met with two similar cigars. The Natural was lighter than the Maduro and as Andrew explained, the Maduro was the "better" smoke. So I took up the Natural first.

The smell of the cigar was a good attractant. Light and not overpowering, you could smell it from a distance, but not too strongly. The oaky scent tranlated to the actual smoke. Though I didn't have proper materials, I was able to give the cigar a good punch with a pair of scissors as a friend had shown me, so as to make the draw clean. And boy was it ever. The Natural gives an excellent oaky flavour without any bite at all. The quality of the smoke increased as I smoked through the cigar with the smoke becoming richer and more refined further through the smoke and with more ash.

The burn was quite clean and the ash really added to the taste. I tried it both with little ash and letting the ash accumulate. Accumulation was a definite plus. I would definitely place this, as have others, with the pressing of the cigar. Andrew said one could almost drive a nail through it and I expect to see a quality writing desk made out of Padron 1964 Naturals before too long.

I gave myself about a half hour between the Natural and the Maduro. The Maduro had a heavier scent which equated well with the Natural. Like a good Bach organ work, it didn't overpower you with its presence in an obvious way. Being aware of the smell made lighiting it up more exciting.

In all ways the Maduro was the equivalent of the Natural, but it surpasses in comfortability of draw and flavour. It's much stronger to the taste, with a nuttier texture to the smoke, but retains the subtle qualities of the l Natural. It really hits its stride about a quarter of the way through for me and continues on to about the last inch.

Now, I haven't smoked in over six months, so smoking two cigars in three hours had some undesireable effect. My mouth was not used to it, so the Maduro ended up having more bite for me. I'm sure had I given it a couple of days this would not have been the case. As an experienced tobacco smoker, I could definitely get the superiority of the Madron over the Natural, but had I less experience, the difference would be hard to tell. The Maduro is stronger and more "there," so if you prefer that experience, it's probably the best choice for you.

Both were definitely superior to any cigar I have smoked before.

nice review. Try a Davidoff if you like the PAM's, they are pricey but also quit nice, havent had a bad experience with the half dozen I have smoked.

Ludwig said:
nice review. Try a Davidoff if you like the PAM's, they are pricey but also quit nice, havent had a bad experience with the half dozen I have smoked.
Which Davidoff's in particular?

Hi ludwig
Were did you get the Padron 1926s from...if you don't mind me asking?