• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review: Padron Millennium Maduro

oak

Let it burn...
Here is another review from my long weekend of way too many smokes:

I've had a few Millennium Maduro's relaxing in my humidor for the last month. I picked them up after an initial binge of purchasing where I tried to acquire damn near everything rare I could find. Interestingly, my binge purchase was inspired by another member here - who initially had to tell me what "PAM" even stood for when I first came around - right before he wisely cautioned me to not get caught up chasing after over-priced sticks. He was right, of course - but what's the fun in listening to that advice?

As always with Padrons, this was a beautiful cigar and stiffer than... well... nevermind. Smelled identical to all maduro padron's I've had - which is to say - it didn't smell like horse pooey... which honestly is one of the things I like about Padron's in general.

Interestingly, I thought that the first inch of this cigar tasted exactly like the few 1926's I've smoked. That's where it stopped... and new flavors started coming out - most of them sweet in nature. You'll all think I'm crazy or making it up, but I swear I started faintly tasting a vague hint of Reeses peanut butter cups. No kidding... It was chocolate, peanut butter, and overall sugary.... These tastes weren't as strong as I'm probably indicating in writing, but were very much there (at least for me).

Aside from the first inch, I wouldn't compare this cigar to the 1926 or 1964 all that much. All three have a similar foundation - but all three also have totally different details on top in my opinion. Me - I liked the millennium a lot. Was it worth the 32 bucks I paid? Not if you have any sense of the value of money (as my father would say...) However, if you're a frivolous fellow like me and value something very unique tasting - then it is probably worth picking up a few at least.

I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews as Moki's pass makes the rounds... and thanks to Moki for inspiring me to stop hoarding a bit.

Cheers,

- Oak

Cool man, glad you enjoyed the smoke! It's a lovely, velvety little fellow, isn't it? :)

Great review... Peanut Buttercups? I could see that actually -- the nutty tastes mixed with the chocolate ones. Did you taste any fruity sweetness at all? I sort of did, maybe the aged nature of it makes it a bit on the sweeter side.

Still, it's a pretty strong smoke, especially if you wolf it down.

moki said:
Cool man, glad you enjoyed the smoke! It's a lovely, velvety little fellow, isn't it? :)

Great review... Peanut Buttercups? I could see that actually -- the nutty tastes mixed with the chocolate ones. Did you taste any fruity sweetness at all? I sort of did, maybe the aged nature of it makes it a bit on the sweeter side.

Still, it's a pretty strong smoke, especially if you wolf it down.
I didn't get anything fruity in mine - was pretty much dominated by chocolatey sweetness and the nutty flavors... God knows... my mind is probably making this stuff up - the flavors are so subdued/subtle. ;)

- Oak

oak said:
I didn't get anything fruity in mine - was pretty much dominated by chocolatey sweetness and the nutty flavors... God knows... my mind is probably making this stuff up - the flavors are so subdued/subtle. ;)

- Oak
Well, everyone's tastebuds are remarkably different. Odds are good that people taste exactly what they say they do in these cigar reviews... if you don't, then your tastebuds are just different.

Where would you rank the Millennium compared to other cigars you've had?

Was it a Maduro or Natural?

moki said:
oak said:

- Oak
Well, everyone's tastebuds are remarkably different. Odds are good that people taste exactly what they say they do in these cigar reviews... if you don't, then your tastebuds are just different.

Where would you rank the Millennium compared to other cigars you've had?

Was it a Maduro or Natural?
Ranking is tough after 1 cigar. It was definitely a top-end stick - but I can't say it was better or worse than many others I've had that fell into the "wow" category - just different. I'm going to smoke another 5 or 6 before I decide where it falls. I'm not even sure whether I like it more/less than the '26's and '64's yet (or even a good 4000 - which, believe it or not, I still like about as much as the tough-to-find sticks in the padron family).

I will say one thing... the high-end Padrons have been worth the effort to acquire and although I'm not sure if they're better per se, they are very different and the extra complexity makes them worth trying. I can't say that about most of the hard-to-find smokes in some other lines.

Lastly, it was a maduro. Never crossed my mind to even try and get ahold of some of the natural ones... :p

- Oak

oak said:
I will say one thing... the high-end Padrons have been worth the effort to acquire and although I'm not sure if they're better per se, they are very different and the extra complexity makes them worth trying. I can't say that about most of the hard-to-find smokes in some other lines.

Lastly, it was a maduro. Never crossed my mind to even try and get ahold of some of the natural ones... :p
I'm with you on the Padrón "special" cigars being worth it, while many other brand's special cigars are not.

PS: Maduro snob!! :p

oak... I had another one today... I still didn't get any Reeses Peanut butter cups, but i did get the return of the roasted chestnuts taste, and a really cool sweet-clove finish as well. The smoke smells so good you want to inhale it :)

Well I said I would post a review so here goes.

Just like normal the construction of the PMM was amazing like other Padrons. Nice leathery wrapper, no sign of damage considering how old it was. It sparked right up, and from the get go the burn was nice and even, nice dense ash, silver and got a little black or darker in some areas. The draw was just great, I dont know how to describe it but it was 'wispy', burned even all the way, then I ashed it after about an inch. Nice coffee flavor of the 64 Exclusivo's, and oh so smooth. Not that the 64's and 26's arent smooth but this guy was just on mark! All I can say is it was a great cigar, and I will probally save the other one for summer time.

Thanks Moki!!!

Ludwig said:
Well I said I would post a review so here goes.

Just like normal the construction of the PMM was amazing like other Padrons. Nice leathery wrapper, no sign of damage considering how old it was. It sparked right up, and from the get go the burn was nice and even, nice dense ash, silver and got a little black or darker in some areas. The draw was just great, I dont know how to describe it but it was 'wispy', burned even all the way, then I ashed it after about an inch. Nice coffee flavor of the 64 Exclusivo's, and oh so smooth. Not that the 64's and 26's arent smooth but this guy was just on mark! All I can say is it was a great cigar, and I will probally save the other one for summer time.

Thanks Moki!!!
Excellent review -- yeah they are very nice, smooth cigars. Glad you liked it, Ludwig!!