• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reviews - SD's Blind Taste Test Pass

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
I am opening up this thread so it will be easy for folks to read all the reviews in one place. If you want to read the comments or make comments please do so in the Pass Thread. This one is just for looking. Thanks.

When I am done, there will be forty (40) cigars listed here with Blind Taste Test Reviews from twenty (20) of our members. It should be interesting!

Please don't post here! :D

Note: All prices are "by the box" from JR's or Cigars International.

Review Cigar #38 - DixieLand_Conjunction

CPUserName: dixieland_conjunction
CigarNumber: 38

La Gloria Cubana Gloria Maduro 5.50x43 Cost=$2.30

Appearance: Good

AppearanceNotes
A very dark maduro with a healthy amount of plume. It is a small-ring, but not quite a lonsdale.

Construction: Poor

ConstructionNotes
So I guess three people worked on rolling this one. The guys working on the cap and foot ends got the memo that this was to be a box press. The guy workingon the middle apparently is loking for attention and decided to hand-roll it. There is is a huge internal vein running down one side, yet the middle is very loose. Apprentice Day at the factory?

Burn: Uneven
Problems: Runners
AshColor: Dark Grey
AshStructure: Typical
Draw: Tight
Aroma: Poor
Smoked_To: One-Third Smoked
Strength: Medium
Recommended: No
Scale: Blah...
Class: Bundled Cigar

TasteNotes
Are you kidding...can we call it that? It was moderately spicy and very poo-pooie. However, for the sake of fairness I spent 15 minutes of quality time with the little guy. About 10 minutes on nearly putting it out I had a 3-minute period I though, "Hey this things turnning for the better. Well, that didn't last ver long - back to the nastyness. The final 2 minutes or so were endured only to have a thurough review. Of all things, I tasted something metalic. Not quite sour, just reminded me of the times I'd chew on aluminum foil as a kid (before I had fillings).
OverallNotes
Though I really like Bolivars, I kept coming back to the idea of its being a horrible Bolivar. This very few times I've had a questionable quality Bol' it had a the same characteristics as this smoke, just to a significatly lesser degree. The only reson I'd not classify this as a doggie is for the 3-minute period mentioned above. Unenjoyable experience.

The Manufacturer Said: La Gloria Cubana began as a Little Havana, U.S.-made cigar blend manufactured by El Credito's Ernesto Perez-Carillo. Always very popular with locals, this brand took the country by storm once the word was spread about this great, traditional Cuban-style cigar. Today it is crafted in the DR, but it remains true to its roots as a robust, rich, and exceptionally tasty cigar.

From SD: I guess you really don’t like LGC’s BO. This was a very young cigar. I just got the box a month ago. Maybe you would like a Serie R. :D

Note: All prices are "by the box" from JR's or Cigars International.

Review Cigar #37 - DixieLand_Conjunction

CigarNumber: 37

37. La Gloria Cubana Serie R #4 Maduro 4.88x52 Cost=$3.50

CigarNumber: 37
Appearance: Outstanding
AppearanceNotes
Now this is a great relief compared to my other mystery smoke. This was a medium to large-ring maduro beauty. No lumps, no veins, and a nice flat cap.

Construction: Outstanding
ConstructionNotes
My initial impression was that this was going to be too tightly rolled (I was wrong). Consistency was perfect. I cannot pinpoint why I'm not calling the construction or appearance perfect - they're just not. When it's perfect, ya' just know.

Problems: None Found
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Flakey
Draw: Too Easy
Aroma: Good
Smoked_To: Less than Half Smoked
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Great Smoke
Class: Premium

TasteNotes
On a side note, how can we smoke to the band when there is none? :p As I'm sitting here typing, I'm wishing I were still out there with it. The aftertaste is delicious - creamy even though the smoke itself wasn't. I really want another. The taste during smoking wasn't so impressive. It was very good - nothing more. It was spicy, not creamy, nutty, or woody. Honestly, the complexity of taste was either not there or I just wasn't having a good night.
OverallNotes
This was a great cigar! I was a maddie to the fullest, though the strength left something to be desired. It produced TONS of smoke wich I don't really understand. The draw makde it feel like a big brown straw - waaay too easy. How can a 'gar this tightly rolled have such a loose draw ?? It didn't burn perfectly, but that was more user error and windy conditions. This is a $7-8 stick. If this was only $4, get a box. If this was a Diamond Crown, write a letter of complaint. It reminded me a LOT of La Perla Maduros, which I love. My biggest worry was that I was going to get a LGC SR after all the junk I've taked and love it. I think I'm safe on that at least becasue the ring seems too small to be a Serie R. :D Make the draw a little tighter and toss in some aging and we have a top-notch domestic.

The Manufacturer Said: Packed in dark mahogany, cabinet-style boxes replete with gold inlay logos and lettering, Serie R cigars deliver their extra-bold bouquet as soon as the box is opened. Their full-bodied flavor comes from a special blend of long Dominican and Nicaraguan filler, superb Nicaraguan binder and a wonderfully aged and extra flavorful Ecuadoran wrapper. The result is a rich, full-flavored smoke unmatched by any other cigar.

From SD: I gotcha didn’t I BO. :D

Note: All prices are "by the box" from JR's or Cigars International. Your local per-stick price may vary.

Review Cigar #07 - vewyphishy

CPUserName: vewyphishy
CigarNumber: 07

Punch Gran Puro Pico Bonito 6.00x50 $3.00

AppearanceNotes
Veiny, nice mid-brown wrapper, looks like a light colored maduro

Construction: Fair

ConstructionNotes
Nicely packed, wrapper split at foot upon lighting, a little unraveling after about 2 inches

Burn: Even
Problems: Split/Unraveled
Draw: Perfect
Aroma: Fair
Smoked_To: To the Band
Scale: Ho-Hum
Class: Regular

TasteNotes
Initial taste was peppery, settled into a nutty, woody flavor. The first inch was borderline mild/medium. After that first inch, it turned a solid medium. It didn't really do much in terms of complexity.

OverallNotes
A rather boring cigar. I smoked it somewhere between half-way and the band. If this hadn't been smoked for the Blind Taste Test, I probably would've chucked it after about 2 inches. The construction problems really detracted from the experience. A second attempt is definitely needed. Smoke was a little lighter than I prefer, taste was a little too earthy. Just didn't do much to keep me interested. Initial impression was that of a domestic Punch… something like a Gran Puro. Perhaps a maduro HdM. Doesn’t appear to be a bundled cigar. I'll say about $5-6 max.

The Manufacturer Said: The Punch Gran Puro is a genuine puro cigar. "Puro," in cigar parlance, means that all of the tobacco used in the crafting of the cigar's blend is from a single nation - in this case Honduras. It is a medium-to-full-bodied smoke with a spicy, earthy core and a creamy finish that is unmistakably Honduran.

From SD: Dang Phishy! You nailed the Brand Bro. ;)

Note: All prices are "by the box" from JR's or Cigars International. Your local per-stick price may vary.

Review Cigar #16 - Oak

CPUserName: oak
CigarNumber: 16

16. Leoninos by La Aurora #4 5.5x42 $2.50

Appearance: Fair

AppearanceNotes
The wrapper had 3-4 large veins and was very mottled... bordered on poor in initial appearance.

ConstructionNotes
Better constructed than it looked, fairly consistent feel except at the head - which felt overtight and gave the cigar an odd center of gravity. Felt tight, and I expected a tight draw...

Burn: Very Even
Draw: Tight
Strength: Mild

TasteNotes
The taste was a little woody here and there and slightly grassy, but not much else that made it stand-out in my mind. Consistent from end to end. Tasted like medium level tobacco to me.

OverallNotes
This was an interesting cigar, though not a very good one, IMO. At first, I thought it might be a young cuban due to some of the initial tannic flavor, but within an a half inch - I felt that it was just a less expensive dominican that actually had a few years of age on it to smooth out some of the harshness. Overall, tasted like a well-cared for cheap cigar with a few years on it - at least to me. I would guess I was smoking a Cuesta Rey or something similar. 2-3 dollar smoke, maybe cheaper. I have a suspicion I may be way off though, as the burn was perfect (razor straight) - and the draw, although a little tight, was very nice with a good amount of smoke. I wanted to give my honest opinion, but I suspect I'll be eating crow by reviewing a better cigar poorly... but this is what I tasted... ;)

The Manufacturer Said: A delicious Dominican beauty from the folks at La Aurora.
Leoninos is quality, well known line grown and rolled by La Aurora, the oldest cigar factory in the Dominican Republic. Known for their super mild and smooth La Aurora Preferidos, Leoninos was created to satisfy those that enjoy a heartier, more robust smoke. Featuring a thick Dominican-grown Corojo wrapper, hiding a healthy portion of Dominican leaves, your taste buds will be dancing with delight. Complex in flavor, these smokes gradually increases in strength as they burn to your fingertips. Good from first to last puff, the La Aurora factory has another winner for their strong following, with this tasty medium to full bodied treat.
From SD: Great Review. Thanks! :D

I had my wife pick one out of my coolerdor for me to smoke. I just had to participate in this experiment. This is the only way I knew to do it.

Review Cigar #xx - SD_Stack

CPUserName: SD_Stack
CigarNumber: xx

La Aurora 1903 Edicion Preferidos #2 Platinum 5.00 x 54 $11.90

Appearance: Perfect

AppearanceNotes
This thing is pointed on both ends... Like a Perfecto. It looks really good. I see one vein in it and a couple of white spots. Whatever they are... This is a perfectly constructed cigar. Beeee- U-Tiful!!!! After smoking it... This is definately a La Aurora. It has to be.

ConstructionNotes
This stick was made really well. I found only one soft spot in it. The draw was perfect. A Professional rolled this one guys!!!

Scale: Great Smoke

TasteNotes
I am not good at tasting things 'cause I smoke cigarettes. This stick has a sweet taste to it. I am enjoying it. The aroma is sweet too. Not like a Swisher but candy like. I don't taste wood or oak or earth. I don't know how to describe it but it is good to me. I am trying really hard to describe the sweet smell. The closest I can come to it is cotton candy. It has an Ultra-Sweet smell. I love the smell. The taste... Not "give you a hard-on good" but more than descent. I enjoyed it.

OverallNotes
This cigar is made really well. It looks great and is constructed very strong. The taste is pleasant. I give it an A. It won't put your cock in your watch pocket but it is money well spent. I'd give a hard-earned 5-6 bucks for this one and be happy. :D

The Manufacturer Said: The Preferidos line was the first cigar manufactured in the Dominican Republic back in 1903. Its beautiful, unique shape was designed to offer a perfect smoke of varying intensities. Preferidos, the cigar that established the cigar-making tradition of the Dominican Republic, is now rolled in limited quantities. This time-tested, super-premium cigar offers rich Cameroon wrappers and Dominican fillers.

Review Cigar #28 - Lumberg

CPUserName: Lumberg
CigarNumber: 28

Romeo y Julieta Churchill Dominican 7x50 $4.00

Appearance: Poor

Appearance Notes
Flaking apart at foot and wrapper starting to peel near head. A flake has come off near the head and you can see binder. Tan, approximately Churchill size. Wrapper very thin, and the veins are actually greenish. Smells good. Filler is in an S-shape.

Construction: Good

Construction Notes
Other than the peeling wrapper (which as Steve told me had to do with him getting the band off) the construction seemed fine.

Class: Low End ISOM

TasteNotes
When I first lit this up I was predisposed to not like it and the first 3/4" were meh. This is a cigar I would border on puttign down. But once it got going it hit its stride. The taste was sweetish and quite subtle. I didn't detect hints of this or that. I did seem to detect some of what I call "the classic Cuban flavor."

OverallNotes
I's just like to add that I used a punch and there was plenty of smoke. Draw was just right. I actually re-lit it twice as I was smokign it while working on my bike. Second time was like 2 hours after it went out while I was cleaning up and the taste was just as good. This cigar was very quixotic. I don't know dick about Cubans but for some reason the impression it gave me was of "sick" ISOM. I'm not positive that it is Cuban, that's just my guess. I like my humble pie served warm, thanks.

The Manufacturer Said: Romeo y Julieta was regretfully one of the landmark brands that suffered greatly during the recent cigar boom, due to scarce tobacco and overproduction. Thankfully, the last two years have allowed Altadis to return this blend to its roots. It's back to being an excellent, medium-bodied blend with flavors of oak and coffee and an entrancing aroma. If you haven't smoked this cigar recently, you really should make a point of doing so.

Review Cigar #03 - Wascal

CPUserName: Wascal
CigarNumber: 03

Indian Tabac Cuban Corojo Warrior 6.0 x 52 $2.50

Appearance Notes
Light brown wrapper, a couple small veins, and a few bumps.

Construction Notes
Firm even roll, no soft spots.Cap evenly applied.

TasteNotes
This cigar had a grassy flavor I notice in a lot of dominican cigars. Did notice some hints of cinamon, and nutmeg, but just a hint. The grassy flavor dominated.

OverallNotes
This was not a good cigar for me to sample as it was very mild. I have a hard time tasting mild cigars. However, the grassy taste wasn't hard to notice. Someone that likes mild cigars may have noticed more flavors in this stick. I'd have to say this was a $2.00 to $3.00 cigar. I don't have a clue as to brand.

The Manufacturer Said: A cornucopia of flavors abound in this new, Nestor Plasencia-made Corojo. The new Cuban Corojo from Indian Tabac is a special cigar that offers a very different taste and level of complexity than other IT blends. Superbly crafted by Nestor Plasencia, cigar maestro behind some of the biggest brands in the business, these tasty treats are built from complex Cuban-seed, Honduran Corojo wrapper that hugs a medium-bodied blend of vintage Nicaraguan and Costa Rican long-fillers. It actually starts out sort of mild and light - tricking you into letting your guard down - just before the complexity kicks in. It's certainly not overpowering, but begins to develop a medium-full flavor with mind-boggling complexity slowly but surely. In fact, I get all kinds of flavors from this cigar: an intricate, medium-bodied, savory blend with a sweet woody finish.

SD Said: Wascal, you nailed the price. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I thought Corojo's were suppose to be med-full flavored. ??? Great review! :thumbs:

Review Cigar #08 - Wascal

CPUserName: Wascal
CigarNumber: 08

Perdomo Reserve #4 Maduro 5.7x54 $4.00

Appearance Notes
dark brown with a bit of color variation. 2 small defects in the wrapper, appear to be sun spots. small viens, smooth.

Construction Notes
appears well made firm to the touch prelight. cap is straight. slightly box pressed. tapered foot; ie perfecto

Problems: Got Soft
Draw: Easy

TasteNotes
strong coffee taste, somewhat harsh, medium strength. Harshness probably due to stick being wet. Had to puff 3 or 4 times each time to get desired amount of smoke. Should have let this one rest a bit longer.

OverallNotes
Cigar had a nice apperance, rounded head and tapered foot, slight box press. Mottled brown wrapper. Firn prelight, got soft as it burned. Full coffee taste, couldn't really find anything else. If this cigar had been a bit dryier I probably would have enjoyed it more. Having to puff 3 or 4 times to get a volume of smoke made it harsh. Due to size (4.75 x 50) and tapered foot I believe this is a GPECC Figurado. Recommendation is due to this stick being wet or young. Have smoked some of these with some age that are good. Scale is also based on this stick being wet.

The Manufacturer Said: This rich, full-flavored and slightly sweet Nicaraguan is gorgeous.

SD Said: Good review Bro. Did I mislabel your cigar or did you measure it wrong? :) That is not the size I have listed. I wonder why it was so wet. ??? Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Review Cigar #33 - wk-mang

CPUserName: wk-mang
CigarNumber: 33

Camacho Corojo 11/18 $7.50

Appearance Notes
This cigar was a perfecto shape with the middle section fatter than the head or foot. This distinct size belongs to the Camacho 11/18... LOL! The wrapper was a medium brown, fine veins and nice sheen. It was unfortunate that the wrapper was cracked in the middle of the cigar but it was still smokable.

Construction Notes
Except for the crack in the middle of the cigar the construction was good. A solid feel to the cigar.

Draw: Easy
Scale: Blah...

Taste Notes
From the first puff there was a noticable bitterness to this cigar. I had hoped that the bitterness would disappear but it stayed throughout the length of the cigar. This cigar wasn't very complex... straight forward honduran flavor, some spice, some earthiness, minty flavors and a lot of bitterness that wasn't enjoyable.

Overall Notes
Having smoked other Camacho 11/18s previously, I'll say that this was the worst one I've had to date. I had hoped that once I got past the cracked area of the cigar that it would improve but this wasn't the case. Overall, it's a neat shape and with the exception of the crack it was rolled well. A nice wrapper and good draw but the flavor just wasn't to my liking at all.

The Manufacturer Said: The Camacho Corojo is the Worlds Only Authentic Corojo Cigar. These truly superb, fully aged cigars are revered by cigar aficionados around the world. The specially selected vintage tobaccos give them their truly distinctive and amazing flavor. These tobaccos are grown in the Jamastran Valley of Honduras, a region where perfect soil and ideal climate compare to Cuba's renowned Vuelta Abajo Region.

SD Said: Wade! You nailed the stick Bro. You guys have way too much experience. LOL You should have liked this one. Maybe the five-day trip to the big island made it taste bad. ??? Hopefully you will like the next one after it rests a bit.

Review Cigar #35 - wk-mang

CPUserName: wk-mang
CigarNumber: 35

FLOR DE A. ALLONES FAVORITAS 5.65x46 $2.40 (One of JR's Cigars)

Box Date = September 2001

Appearance Notes
A dark cigar with a smooth wrapper. It looks like a honduran or nicaraguan maduro wrapper... smooth, fine veins, shiny but not appearing to be oily. It's a corona gorda sized cigar and nicely put together.

Construction Notes
This cigar is solidly put together. It is packed with tobacco and is very firm. It reminds me of the old Puros Indios cigars... they were packed with so much tobacco that the cigars felt heavy for their size as was the case for this stick. The only issue with it's construction was after I cut the cap off... there were 2 noticable stems in the filler but it didn't affect the draw at all.

Scale: Decent/Worthy

Taste Notes
Straight forward tobacco flavor, some spice, some earthiness and a little sweetness was noted when exhaling through the nose... probably from the dark/maduro wrapper. There wasn't a lot of depth in the flavor as the smoke was thin as opposed to being rich and chewy. The flavors were consitent throughout the length of the cigar with no bitterness or grassiness at all. I'm not sure if my tastebuds were influenced from the Camacho 11/18 I smoked before dinner but this cigar had that uniquely honduran flavor to it.

Overall Notes
Overall, this was a decent cigar. It was well made, nice looking, had a perfect draw and was packed full of tobacco. The flavor profile wasn't what I enjoy in a cigar but it wasn't unpleasant either. If I had to guess I'd say it was a mid-line Honduran cigar... something in the line of a Hoyo or Punch in the $3.00 to $5.00 range.

The Manufacturer Said: A private Honduran brand carefully crafted for many years by Villazon on behalf of Alfred Dunhill, Ltd. to satisfy their Havana-smoking clientele. It is spicy, lean cigar with a long finish and substantial body. They are packed without cellophane in heavy Spanish Cedar cabinets suitable for long-term storage and aging. This has become a new-found favorite for those who prefer heavier cigars.

SD Said: I love these cigars. For the price, you can't beat them. I usually smoke the Especiale No 5 - 5.25 x 38 - which are $1.40. I don't think you can get these from anyone but JRs. The wrapper is Ecuador Sumatran - Connecticut Binder with Honduran/Nicaragua Filler. The cigars are not Maduro. They are only sold in Natural. Some are just darker than others. I'm glad you found the cigar to be descent. You also Recommended it. :0 Thanks for helping out with the reviews Bro. Very well done! ;)

Review Cigar #23 - purobrat

CPUserName: purobrat
CigarNumber: 23

GENUINE PRE-EMBARGO COUNTERFEIT CUBANSEpicure 5x51 $1.80

Appearance Notes
Rosada looking wrapper, small veins and a nice even double cap.

Construction Notes
Not real smooth, some lumpy spots with stretch marks in the wrapper. Did have a nice solid feel.

AshStructure: Very Solid
Aroma: Great
Smoked_To: I Burned my Fingers!
Scale: Good Cigar

TasteNotes
No prelight tste detected. After lighting there was hints of cinnamon and a base of floral with a very short, slightly bitter finish. The finish turned sweet after 1/3. There was no bite to it, not even in the nose. After the 1/2 way mark, turned earthy with the floral base still carying the flavor.

OverallNotes
This would be a great morning smoke, or to compliment a nice sweet white wine. I could not pin down the brand but i narrowed it to a few suspects: La Estrella Cubana Epicure, LGC Wavell, Monte SV Mini Churchill or a Signature Collection Robusto

The Manufacturer Said: These cigars are packed sans cellophane in a half wheel of fifty, tied by a stunning micro-stitched saddle featuring the Cuban Warranty Seal. The Ecuadorian Sumatran wrappers are a deep auburn hue and very oily to the touch. Meticulously made, these parejos have a perfect draw, producing very thick smoke with bold flavors and a lush, lingering finish.

SD Said: Hey PB... I guess you should go buy a box of these. Heck! I need to try one myself! Great Job. Thanks.

Review Cigar #27 - cigarsarge

CPUserName: cigarsarge
CigarNumber: 27

Padron 3000 Maduro 5.5x52 $4.00

Appearance Notes
This cigar is semi box pressed. It has an oily toothy maduro wrapper. It's rustic looking with many spider web like veins. It has a flat cap with a slightly sloppy foot. There are several large bumps toward the middle of the cigar. The craftmanship in this one was lacking.

Construction Notes
It's loosely rolled with several soft spots. It's light in the hand and seems under filled.

Problems: Got Soft
Draw: Too Easy
Aroma: Poor

TasteNotes
The taste was tolerable but nothing special. It was slightly sweet with a burned coffee ground finish. Sometimes an amonia flavor came through which leads me to believe the tobacco is young. My wife usually does not complain about cigar arouma. She said this one smelled like something the dog left behind.

OverallNotes
This cigar never really produced what I look to in a cigar. I could smoke this one while doing yard work or fishing. For a serious smoke try smoking else.

The Manufacturer Said: Padron is a full-bodied smoke with robust flavors and a sweet finish. This brand is a Nicaraguan puro, with long-fillers, binder and wrapper leaves all originating in the town of Esteli.

SD Said: I guess you're not a Padron WHore. :lookup: This review suprises me.

Review Cigar #01 - Toaster

CPUserName: Toaster
CigarNumber: 01

Sherpa Diablo Churchill 7.00 x 50 $2.00

Appearance: Outstanding

Appearance Notes
Mildly vieny, though all small spider type vien's. CT Shade colored wrapper, with what seems to be a near perfect cap.

Construction Notes
a 7 inch churchill sized cigar, with near perfect feel and weight and as noted above, a near perfect cap. No soft spots... Looks like I'm going to enjoy this cigar. At this point it looks and smells to be dominican.

AshColor: White
Smoked_To: Past the Band

TasteNotes
Hints of cedar and coffee.... Mildly spicy. Had the trademark white ash of a high quality dominican cigar. Very lightly spicy, with mild to medium strength.... I think its a Romeo y Julieta churchill, premium dominican cigar, what? $5 I guess.

OverallNotes
A good cigar without a doubt, I'm just not a huge fan of mild cigars... I would have classified this as mild, but objectively- Its medium bodied. Had a couple of problems with the cigar, not nothing major. The first 1/3 burned uneven, with a slight runner and tunneling, then it evened out. And the wrapper split in several areas all the way down as I smoked it.

The Manufacturer Said: The Sherpa Diablo is an attractive Honduran handmade, and a fantastic addition to the original Sherpa series. With its stunning artwork and ornate green bands, along with the super-smooth Ecuadorian wrappers, you will be enamored with this fine smoke. Upon lighting, the Sherpa Diablo delivers a full-bodied, peppery and complex flavor with some oomph, but then mellows nicely into a medium-bodied smoke with some distinct creaminess. With additional aging in your humidor, this gem should develop into a superior cigar.

SD Said: This is actually a bundled cigar. Good Job. Thanks.

Review Cigar #20 - Cigararge

CPUserName: Cigararge
CigarNumber: 20

Montecruz Negra Cubana Double Corona 7x48 $2.00

Appearance Notes
This one is a double corona with a 50 plus ring gage.It's got a nice cap and foot. It's a nice color maduro wrapper with a few small veins. An attractive cigar.

Construction Notes
It's firm and well filled. No noticeable soft spots or lumps. Seems to be well made.

Strength: Full

Taste Notes
The wrapper had a slightly salty taste. The pre-light draw had no discereable flavor. The first half had an earthy dark spice flavor. It slowly changed flavor and power in the second half. There I tasted some wood with a peppery finish.A fairly complex cigar. Went well with my rum and coke. By the way the arouma was slightly spicy and enjoyable.

Overall Notes
If you like a large cigar this is not a bad one to try. It reminded me of a domestic Punch or Hoyo.

The Manufacturer Said: A dark, rich cigar with an oily, sun-grown wrapper from the famed Oliva Tobacco Co.'s vegas in Ecuador. It is a complex blend of select, potent Nicaraguan long-leaf tobaccos with a touch of Dominican Piloto Cubano added for aroma. Expertly crafted, this blend offers an intoxicating elixir of flavors: earth, coffee, and chocolate with a long, spicy finish and a divine aroma. Although robust, it is a perfect balance between flavor and strength.

Review Cigar #36 - Moki

CPUserName: Moki
CigarNumber: 36

Savinelli ELR (Natural) Belicoso 6x49 $9.50

Appearance Notes
Nice natural wrapper torpedo, with a number of veins running through it -- nice box press

Construction Notes
Looks like a well-made cigar, a bit loose on the end, but perhaps some of the tobacco towards the bottom got knocked loose during shipping

Problems: Runners
Smoked_To: One-Third Smoked

TasteNotes
Fairly pleasant at first, slightly nutty/leathery, but quickly became more of a grassy flavor that did nothing for me. Puff it too quickly, and it was actually a bit bitter. Perhaps the cigar was a bit too young, or the tobacco in it just isn't that great. I would have stuck it out and smoked the whole thing, but it just wasn't compelling to me, and it is still rather cold outside.

OverallNotes
"the worst Padrón 1964 Anniversary natural I ever smoked" This cigar looks really nice, but tastes like a Padrón 1964 natural might taste if the tobacco wasn't aged or of good quality. It might very well be a nice smoke in a few years, but right now, it did little for me. If I had to guess, I'd say this was a Toraño or some other Padron-wannabe cigar. I hope I'm wrong, because I've been looking forward to having some of those cigars. It is probably a cigar that's priced a bit on the upper-scale of things, but less than Padrón Anny's. Overpriced if it costs more than $2-3 a stick, IMHO.

The Manufacturer Said: Savinelli cigars are hand made in The Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Connecticut o Binder: Dominican o Filler: Dominican

What SD Said: I couldn't find much info on the cigar. It is supposed to be an expensive premium stick. ??? It's not a PAN Moki. Good try though. Thanks for the review. Good job. :thumbs: