• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Revisiting NC’s

Great King Rat

I am again in search for a good natural wrapper NC.

I still like my Padron XXXX Maduros but that is about the only NC I like at this time without breaking the bank for NC's.

I like the pardon maduro line because it tastes descent and the price is right for an everyday smoke.

For some reason I do not like the natural pardons they taste bitter and they are not really a natural wrapper.

Please help me find good fairly priced natural cigar.

No I have not, It is on the list now. Any particular size?

I just had Gran Habano #3 at lunch. It was not bad. However, the wrapper was do dark for natie. I do like the #5s, however, they pack a lot of punch for an everyday/yard smoke.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Great King Rat said:

I still like my Padron XXXX Maduros but that is about the only NC I like at this time without breaking the bank for NC's.

I like the pardon maduro line because it tastes descent and the price is right for an everyday smoke.

For some reason I do not like the natural pardons they taste bitter and they are not really a natural wrapper.

[snapback]262620[/snapback]​

How do you figure they are not really a natural wrapper? ???

coventrycat86 said:
Great King Rat said:

[snapback]263592[/snapback]​

Was wondering the same thing. If anything, I'd say the x000 line maduro's are a bit lighter than most other maduro's

......whatever though..... :rolleyes:

coventrycat86 said:
Great King Rat said:

i.e. color wise. They are on the dark side. Do you agree?

Great King Rat said:
coventrycat86 said:
Great King Rat said:

i.e. color wise. They are on the dark side. Do you agree?
[snapback]263756[/snapback]​

No.

You stated that "they are not really a natural wrapper" which sounds like you had some knowledge that these were something other than natural leaf wrapper. Classification of the different wrappers (Candela, natural, EMS, maduro, etc.) is not just a matter of color.

For instance, a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 has a dark natural wrapper that is darker than 75% of the maduro wrapped cigars out there. Calling it a "maduro" just because it looks like one is wrong because the wrapper leaf is not a true maduro wrapper.

Great recommendations Master :thumbs: The DCs are probably my favorite of the three you listed if one were to want a nice cigar with a natural wrapper. The DCs are pretty mild but they're nice and smooth.

The Davidoff's at $10 each is a great deal - and those are my favorite Davidoff's!!!

coventrycat86, I smoke more Diamond Crowns in the morning than any other of my Conn Shade cigars. I find them to be more medium in strength, they have some very nice nose to them.

In case you wondering about Mayorga size... try Gordito Torpedo. Very good taste.

As CC mentioned Torano 1959 Gold (H2000 natural wrapper) it has dark color but is natural nevertheless.