• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RH Beads Alternatives

rflook

After a bit of thought i have decided to build a coolerdor. However being the in uk i have a small problem in that the RH beads dont seem to be available in the uk. Is there a suitable alternative which anyone can recommend?

Many thanks

After a bit of thought i have decided to build a coolerdor. However being the in uk i have a small problem in that the RH beads dont seem to be available in the uk. Is there a suitable alternative which anyone can recommend?

Many thanks

There is no acceptable substitute for beads. Try http://heartfeltindustries.com/

Hey, old guys! If you haven't looked at the Heartfelt site lately, you should go look. Wow!

There is no acceptable substitute for beads.
This seems to me to be more of a personal judgement on your part than is the actual truth. The debate of plain silica gel beads (unscented kitty litter) vs RH beads is an old and tiresome subject, but is one with many merits on both sides of the fence. The final result being that kitty litter has been found to be a very acceptable alternative by a great many cigar enthusiasts. The question is, as is true in many tools, just how much expense one is willing to spend in order to avoid a little "elbow grease" (closer attention to detail, in this case).

I use these in my desk top
http://www.bovedapacks.com/

and gel jars in the cooler.

I've gotten too lazy for beads.

Get more packs than you need and keep them charged up in the cooler, then you can just swap them back and forth every couple of weeks.

There is no acceptable substitute for beads.
This seems to me to be more of a personal judgement on your part than is the actual truth. The debate of plain silica gel beads (unscented kitty litter) vs RH beads is an old and tiresome subject, but is one with many merits on both sides of the fence. The final result being that kitty litter has been found to be a very acceptable alternative by a great many cigar enthusiasts. The question is, as is true in many tools, just how much expense one is willing to spend in order to avoid a little "elbow grease" (closer attention to detail, in this case).

Subjective, yes. After all the debate, I'm far from convinced that the plain silica are able to regulate RH as well as beads. ~$75 investment in beads to take care of several thousand dollars worth of cigars is trivial.