• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RH on the rise

br174

Lifelong Fan
I have a large desktop humi that holds 200 sticks and dew to the weather in New England my RH has been on the rise. I've had the box for 3yrs it has an excellent seal and was properly seasoned. The problem is the temp is raising my RH. Any suggestion on how to lower temp and RH? I was wondering if I put an UNcharged jar of gel crystals would that lower my RH.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Put your humidor in the closet to get the temp down. That should help some, if not an ice pack wrapped in a towel can also help the temp go down.

Put your humidor in the closet to get the temp down. That should help some, if not an ice pack wrapped in a towel can also help the temp go down.
I'll definetly try the closet. Thanks

Brian

I have a 300 ct humi in a cooler with two ice packs. It keeps my rh right around 62-63 and the temp between 68-70. I also keep it in the basement. It actually hasn't been too humid as it has been in the past. Never can predict the weather in New England. Good luck Brian.

The past couple of days I have had the same problem, I simply moved my hummies to a cooler location in the house (lowest level) and things seemed to regulate out.

It happens to most of us every summer; temps to up, ambient RH goes up, and as a consequence the RH in your humi also goes up.

My cabinet is very good about holding the temp at 68F but when the pelts run hard and the ambient RH is high, the RH in the cabinet creeps up from the 65% setpoint to 70-72%. This is even with several "socks" of beads in there and no water in the humidifier cans.

The way I solved the problem was to quit worrying about it.... :p My smokes are in great shape and it's far less stressful than panicking about a few points of RH.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

It happens to most of us every summer; temps to up, ambient RH goes up, and as a consequence the RH in your humi also goes up.

My cabinet is very good about holding the temp at 68F but when the pelts run hard and the ambient RH is high, the RH in the cabinet creeps up from the 65% setpoint to 70-72%. This is even with several "socks" of beads in there and no water in the humidifier cans.

The way I solved the problem was to quit worrying about it.... :p My smokes are in great shape and it's far less stressful than panicking about a few points of RH.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

Same problem here I have a ton of 65% beads and I go from 70-72%rh if the temp goes up a couple of degrees the RH goes down and if I kick the AC on to gt temp down a couple of degrees rh goes back to 72%. My sticks are fine I am going to stop strssing it was driving me nuts.

Best Regards
Don

I have a 300 ct humi in a cooler with two ice packs. It keeps my rh right around 62-63 and the temp between 68-70. I also keep it in the basement. It actually hasn't been too humid as it has been in the past. Never can predict the weather in New England. Good luck Brian.
Cleaned out the cooler and sat the humi on a cedar cigar box (just in case bags leak) with a couple of ice packs zipped up in ziplocks and temp down and RH on the way down :D Thanks guys.

Brian