• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ridiculous trip to the local B&M

symyn

I was out registering with the fiancee for wedding gifts at the Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, etc etc etc last night and there just happens to be a Tinderbox in the mall "we" choose to go walk around. Between the ZGallery and the Pottery Barn I convinced her that she needed to check out this humidor, not knowing what it had in stock. It was ridiculous. They had WOAM (bought 4), Padron 40th Anniversary, OpusX of various sizes, PAM's and PAN's of various sizes, AVO LE 05 (bought 2), Partagas Limited Reserve, DC Maximus Short Perfecto, and DC Short Perfecto.

The DC Maximus and DC Short Perfecto were going for about 27 dollars so the fiancee wasn't going for it, but I think I will pick some up later this week just to have them in the humidor. Let me know if this is true, but the guy working there said that if you have the 40th Anniversary box, you can ship it back to the Padron factory and they will fill it for MSRP? If that is true I might try and buy the box (just not for the ridiculous price it was going for on ebay) :)

All in all a great trip.

Edit: spelling.

Even for both $27 is high by about 30%. ;)

symyn said:
The DC Maximus and DC Short Perfecto were going for about 27 dollars so the fiancee wasn't going for it, but I think I will pick some up later this week just to have them in the humidor.
[snapback]286050[/snapback]​

How much were they selling the La Unica's for? I've been searching for one.

Ahh, OK. My mistake It didn't click that you were talking about the 110th cigars.

symyn said:
I am pretty sure that 27 might be over priced, but not by much.
[snapback]286146[/snapback]​

I know from the retail stand point that Padron refills the trays every time we send them back. I would doubt they would do the same for a consumer but you never know. The trays are marked with numbers that let them know which retailers chest it is. We have to beg for maduros.

Have a group buy going on right now for those cigars. Check out the buy, sell, trade forum.

DG

Funny how you can find these little places that are flippin gold mines. As for the 27$ ive seen them go for 35$ around here.

CalixEros said:
How much were they selling the La Unica's for? I've been searching for one.
[snapback]286156[/snapback]​

They were all 27. The guy was telling me he was selling the entire humidor for $1,200 but no one bit.

hey symyn,

any more WOAMs there?

I knew I shoulda stopped by.

How many were left?

Symyn,

I know where you were!!! I love that Tinder Box. All of the guys there are very nice and by this time they know what I like and let me know what they have as soon as I walk in the door. A very dangerous place, because in California, they have great prices!!

-Fetter

The Tinder Box is one hell of a retail establishment...

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Chewy they had a couple on the top and a full bottom line left

Fetter I hate that tinder box <3 I am going back friday!

symyn,

I'll be there this Friday too!
Maybe I'll see you there.
I'm ditching out of work early so that I can make it there!

Please save me some WOAMs!

I also gotta do my Valentine's Day shopping.