• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RIP Ray Bradbury

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Ray Bradbury's writing took me many places as a young man. An important author and I'm saddened by his passing.

I'll be re-reading some of his works over the next couple of days. If you haven't read him, I hope that you will.

Just saw that....we all lost a wonderful visionary. I will definitely read some Bradbury this weekend.

RIP... thanks for giving us so much to think about. Fahrenheit 451 remains a favorite for me even today.

edit... I really can't spell today...

Interesting, influential and insightful. It will be a long time before somebody reaches his stature in the community. RIP Mr. Bradbury.

I like many people read Fahrenheit 451 in high school and have always loved that book. So, today when I heard he died I looked him up and I had no idea that he did as much as he did. Over 500 published works as well as writing the Twilight Zone! Unbelievable talent!

"Looking back over a lifetime, you see that love was the answer to everything."

~Ray Bradbury.

The Martian Chronicles was always my favorite, although there were so very, very many great novels. That one really changed my notion, as a fledging writer and future English teacher, of what story arc and narrative could look like.

Oh, and as a proper and befitting sendoff on Mr. Bradbury's Final Faring:

http://youtu.be/e1IxOS4VzKM

I like to think he'd have liked that. :cool:

~Boar

I have Fahrenheit 451 downstairs. I will have to find time to read it again between classes. He and Vonnegut are probably my two favorite "classic" authors.

RIP Mr. Bradbury.

Farenheit 451 is my favorite book. I even have a quote from it tooled into my belt.
RIP ray Bradbury.