• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Road Trip Contest

Swifty

Dismember
I am approaching my 1 year anniversary here at CP. I am also approaching my 1000th post . It seems to be a rite of passage around here to have some sort of contest to mark the passing of these two milestones. In my case, I'm not sure that reaching the 1000 post mark is necessarily an achievement worthy of celebrating. The overwhelming majority of those posts have been "Welcome to CP from MN. :) " and "Happy Birthday! :) ". I would, however, like to express my gratitude for all I have learned and experienced by being a part of this fellowship for the past year. I would like you all to know that even though I don't feel like I contribute very much around here I am very greatful to those that do. My wife doesn't seem to share my sentiment :whistling: , as she thinks that I have fallen prey to an evil cult. :p
Anyway, as a token of my gratitude I am having a contest. To participate you must be a member of CP in good standing as of the time of this post.

I am leaving Minneapolis MN for Rockford IL in the morning to visit my brother for a couple days. From there I am going Stonington IL to vist my two children for 5 days. They live in Stonington. The hotel I will be staying in is in Decatur. Right now my odometer reads: 144105.8 . The winner of the contest will be the person who guesses the closest to what my odometer will read (without going over) when I return home on Wednesday or Thursday 1/18 or 1/19/05. One guess per person. All guesses must be posted no later than 2359 Central Standard Time 1/17/05.

The winner will receive the following:

1 AF WOAM
1 AF 858 Sungrown
1 OpusX xXx
1 AF Shark
1 Davidoff Aniversario #3

Thanks again! And good luck!

Thanks for the contest Swifty!

I think I'm standing good right now...but that reamins to be seen :p

I'll say 144105.8.

Because either you are going to rent a car, or the odometer no longer works :)

I guess 145312.62

Thanks for the contest!! :thums:

I screwed up the thumbs above but I do not want to edit it due to the nature of this contest. :)

Nice contest. A little creativity. And don't worry about the post count being in those forums. Somebody's got to say hello. :)

Have you calibrated it recently? :laugh:

Lee said:
Have you calibrated it recently? :laugh:
[snapback]273629[/snapback]​
Now don't start any altimeter shiz. :laugh: Everything is pretty flat out that way anyway.

gandolf565 said:
I'll say 144105.8.

[snapback]273617[/snapback]​

I hope that's not the case...that would suck... :laugh:

Khris,

Congrats on the milestones. I guess that's better than kidney stones. :laugh:

I'll guess 143584, because you're going to drive backwards all the way. :sign:

(after winning over at Cigar Pool, I'll let the others have the shot at this) ;)

gandolf565 said:
I'll say 144105.8.

If I posted this same contest, you would have won. :whistling:

The odometer has been broken on the pickup for the past year. I did have it in the shop 4 times and they still couldn't fix it correctly. :angry2:

geldor1 said:
gandolf565 said:
I'll say 144105.8.

If I posted this same contest, you would have won. :whistling:

The odometer has been broken on the pickup for the past year. I did have it in the shop 4 times and they still couldn't fix it correctly. :angry2:
[snapback]273638[/snapback]​
Just me being my smart-alec self :)

The speedo in my van goes on the blink from time to time, the strange thing is the odometer continues to work !?! After 236,000 miles I suppose it is entitled.

edit for spleeing

gandolf565 said:
I'll say 144105.8.

144105.8 really is the correct reading ;) . It's a 1992 Ford Festiva :rolleyes: . I bought it on Ebay in August of 2004 because I drive 30 miles one way to work and the gas mileage on my pick up was killing me. I Flew out to San Diego and drove it home. I had to replace the speedometer, so that is not actual mileage. Go ahead and laugh, but It still runs great and I can get to IL on a tank of gas.