• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Road Trip

anvil

Distant Member
Well mates I just picked up my bike. I thought I would share a few pic's with you guys as the veiws were amazing.
I jumped on a plane from Auckland to Chrischurch on the Friday morning, picked up the bike and rode back over three days. A distance of 1000kms.
Visited a few relatives on the ride and met a couple of good people.

Here is the bike with the chap I purchased it from. A real nice bloke. He took great pleasure in showing me his photos of him and Burt Munro, and his old Manx Norton.
100_1841.jpg

This was my first stop. On the east coast across from Hanmer Springs.
Looking west
100_1844.jpg

Looking south
100_1843.jpg

Looking north
100_1842.jpg

Leaving the South Island. Got soaking wet as funds did not include wet weather gear. :laugh:
100_1847.jpg
100_1848.jpg

Stopped at the middle of the North Island on the desert road. Road up from Wellington with a nice chap who had a radar detector so that made the trip a bit quicker. If you look at the ground behind me the grey is ash from the eruption last year and earlier.
100_1850.jpg

100_1851.jpg

Well mates that is it.
Sorry there is not more photos but it will give youall a small glimpse at New Zealand.
I will post more as I get around. Now I have some transport.

Nice bike. Great way to spend a few days...I'm jealous...
Best of luck.
Tom

Amazing beauty that country has!

Thanks for the photos!

Great bike and ride report!

Are you a member over at www.advrider.com by any chance?

edit: By the way, if you're back in the Christchurch area, my friend runs a nice winery there - Anchorage Wines. Stop in and ask for Chris, tell him that some yankee called Anthony sent ya
thumbs-up.gif