• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roasted not toasted, a flavor not to savor.

Slick300

Slightly less newwww
Good evening all-

There are plenty of topics out there about how one lights their sticks, but not the issue I dealt with tonight.

Not paying close enough attention while toasting my cigar tonight, I more than toasted the foot-roasted or slightly burnt was more like it. When I lit, I ended up with that bitter/burnt taste in my mouth :p . While I still enjoyed the stick, I was never really able to shake that burnt taste in my mouth (not taken care of by the beer or the water I was drinking. Does anyone out there have any tips/ideas/etc for eradicating that taste?

Thanks all!

(Tonight, not so) Slick300

Hmmm, tomthirtysix, I don't know either of you, but that certainly sounds like you're trying to get me to help with some ball busting. (not that I'm against ball busting as a practice, though!)

It's good stuff broblues. Honestly don't think it had anything to do with the cigar. I 'overtoasted' then lit and got that blast of bitter burnt flavor that I just couldn't get out of my mouth. It def didn't linger on the stick.

I have smoked a lot of CAO sticks. My favorite is the "Vision". I really don't know much about the gentleman from CAO that started Four Kicks, but I will have to give his cigar a try. I love finding new flavor profiles. It keeps me interested in the hobby.

It was a delicious smoke, and their second release, Headley Grange (announced at IPCPR 2012) looks to be one of hits told the year. All reviews I've read so far range from 'great stick' at worst to 'best I've ever had'.

Hmmm, tomthirtysix, I don't know either of you, but that certainly sounds like you're trying to get me to help with some ball busting. (not that I'm against ball busting as a practice, though!)

Just ignore Tom, he's just one of "those" guys. He's not particularly popular around these parts, but we tolerate him anyway to give off the appearance of being a friendly, accepting community.

Are you sure it wasn't something you ate or drank before smoking?...like BBQ or steak on the grill or a peaty scotch?

I know it's hard to mistake a burnt taste, but I've over toasted many a foot while intoxicated and still never got a burnt taste in my mouth...at least not at the level you are describing.

Did you do the little blow through the cigar to try and clear the taste out as you smoked it?

Next time, let it go out, re-clip the burnt end, blow out any stale smoke, and relight it with a piece of cedar...see if that helps.

Just ignore Tom, he's just one of "those" guys. He's not particularly popular around these parts, but we tolerate him anyway to give off the appearance of being a friendly, accepting community.

Love you too, Sneeds. :love:

You over-toasted the end of the cigar and got a burned taste ?

The whole purpose of the cigar is to be burned.

I've never experienced this.......

In my opinion it was a bad cigar or something else causing the taste.

Love you too, Sneeds. :love:

Please do not sass me. I, good sir, will tolerate none of your clever japes and general tomfoolery.

You scorched the wrapper? Usually produces a foul taste. Be more careful with your lighter.

Yes, I did. I am ashamed. :( the issue remained though, could not get the taste out of my mouth. Cigar was fine after first quarter to half inch though.