• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rock Hill Farms bourbon review

carddoug

Banned
As most of you could guess by now that this bourbon is very high on my list of best bourbons, for some reason I've never reviewed it. So here is is. :)

Let's start with something that doesn't really matter, and that is packaging. The best looking bottle in bourbon, I could stare at it for hours. The way the bourbon looks inside is just a masterpiece. I always think to myself that, that's the way bourbon should look! Lol

And then you open it up pop the gigantic glass top with the cork on the bottom. Stick your nose in the bottle and the hint of vanilla, and a little mint is there. But mostly its candied apples! My favorite smelling whiskey!

And now for the most important part of a bourbon... The taste! At the first of the sip, it mirrors the nose. Right off the bat you get a great fruit flavor much like the apple in the nose. That turns into mix of a vanilla and minty spice flavor in the middle of the sip. At the end of the sip it's sweet (not over powering like I feel makers and four roses are) it's a really nice balence of flavors so far. The finish is quite long and produces some very neat flavors. I get this very strange vanilla fudge taste in it (maybe even chocolate) and also the mint sneaks in for one last moment.

Overall I believe this is the best bourbon on the market, quite a bit of people compare this to Blantons which is fair I guess since they both come from the same distillery. But I feel that rock hill is the superior bourbon, I believe it's a much more balencrd and interesting bourbon. (not knocking blantons at all, I do enjoy blantons too) if you haven't had the pleasure of trying this one yet, do yourself a favor and go get some!!!!!!! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Better? No, Different, Yes. Pappy is a wheated bourbon and Rock Hill is a high rye bourbon. A better comparison would be to the Pappy 15 which I think is slightly better then the Rock Hill Farms but again is a different style of bourbon. Both Blanton's and Rock Hill use the exact same mashbill (BT #2) however, Blanton's only comes from warehouse H and nowhere else.

Better than pappy 20?

I'm not a fan of the pappy line. So yes I would say rock hill is Better :)

Better? No, Different, Yes. Pappy is a wheated bourbon and Rock Hill is a high rye bourbon. A better comparison would be to the Pappy 15 which I think is slightly better then the Rock Hill Farms but again is a different style of bourbon. Both Blanton's and Rock Hill use the exact same mashbill (BT #2) however, Blanton's only comes from warehouse H and nowhere else.

Better than

That's strange AVB! I find blantons and rock hill to be two very different bourbons! If I'm reading right, your
Saying that they are the same bourbon, but aged in different locations?

That is correct.

Wow just took a sip of this without even fully sampling it and I got a blast of flavors on the palate. I'm excited to see what a full sampling will bring.

Has anyone had any trouble getting a bottle of this recently? I can't find a bottle :(

Saw it two days ago when I stopped to pick up a bottle of Everclear.  $49.99 a bottle for the Roc Hills here in NY.

carddoug said:
That's the same price it would sell here for!
Be happy to pick up a bottle and ship it to you if you like.  Just let PM me and let me know.

Thanks! I don't have the funds at the moment! But I do appreciate the offer.